Chapter 9

Dean POV

I felt so sick knowing my mate was in a coma and I was laying here with Delilah. I don't know how long I can keep up this charade, how long before I go crazy without my mate by my side. The whole date he had with Damon put me on edge, when Damon would touch his hand or his leg I swear it took all I had not to let James take control and kill that SOB.

It's my fault, I rejected Caleb, this is what I deserve and worst, when I saw him fall and hit his head for a split second I thought I lost him, I thought he left me. I was so scared I couldn't do more, I just kept thinking why didn't I love and accept him when I had the chance?

While he was in the hospital I vowed everything was going to be different, if I couldn't have him as my mate I'll have him as a close friend, I'll make him my secretary or something just so he's close to me at all time, so I can watch out for him and keep James at peace. It'll require him to move to the pack house but I think I can talk Chris into letting him go.

As I walk up the steps to Caleb's room I smell that Joshua and Chris just left, which means Caleb finally woke up, I rushed up the stairs to hear him say he has to pack, where is he going? Is he leaving the pack? His he going with Damon? Before I could think of a response James thought of one for me.

"Where are you going?" James asked angrily with a hint of concern. "What are you doing here alpha?" Caleb turns around and starts grabbing clothes. 'He's leaving us!' James yell in my head before I could stop him name pushed Caleb against the wall and hurried his head in Caleb's neck, this is me and James' favorite place in the world.

Caleb must have figured out James was in control because he started rubbing my head, I wish we can stay in the moment forever, I wish I can hold him this close myself, but sadly I can't live in a fantasy. "James, what's a wrong buddy?" Caleb asked with a voice made of honey. James calms down a lot but I don't feel like taking control, if I take to control the hug and the head rubs stop. "Are you leaving us?" James asked in a muffled voice. "Why would I leave you?" Chris says trying not to cry.

"I'm just moving into the pack house, so we"ll be able to spend some more time okay?" Caleb says removing my head from his neck and holding my head in his hands, we're face to face now. "Can you give Dean control? You know he doesn't like it when you do things like this James." Caleb says letting the tears fall.

James quickly whips them away and gives Caleb a bear hug. "He" ll just have to deal with it," James said rubbing Caleb's back while Caleb sobbed into my shirt. Why am I doing this? Why do I constantly hurt him? I almost wish he could leave us, just so he could find some happiness.

I quickly take control, "I'm sorry Caleb, I'm sorry I keep hurting you, I swear to the Goddess I'm trying so hard." I say trying to force myself from breaking down.

"I'm telling everyone about us being mates," Caleb says pushing me away and wiping his tears.

"What do you mean you're telling everyone?" I asked worriedly, my dad absolutely cannot find out about this.

"I'm just telling our friend group, I can't keep lying to my best friends or my brother!" Caleb yells. I and James instantly stop moving, we never heard Caleb raise his voice. "They deserve to know the truth before it's too late." He says in a whisper.

"Too late for what?" I asked. Confused.

"I am leaving, but not until after Sean's wedding. I'll tell them after that too so don't worry about your dad finding out I'll be long gone before then." He says picking up clothes around his room and putting them in suitcases.

"Why are you leaving? How could you leave? Your life is here your friends and family are here." I say trying to convince him to stay, if not for me then for Chris.

"I can't do it anymore Dean it hurts so much, seeing you with her, not being with you. I just can't do it anymore." He says finally turning to me. I knew this would hurt him but it's better this way, what is one life over everyone else in the pack?

"I understand, you can tell them and if you need anything I'll be here for you," I said walking towards the door, holding back tears, I don't have long to be with him but I promise I'll the last months with him the best.