Chapter 10

Aftershock of a messy fight

Ivan's POV

I woke up by the comfort of a someone. I had a rough day yesterday. Like usual its because of my work.

At this point, I remembered that she caught me getting inside late at night. 

I grinned at the little pictures swarming in my mind of that worried face of hers. She even sewed my wound.

I gently placed her body to face the ceiling. I needed to get some work done. 

I cannot repeat what happened yesterday. I will never make her that worried ever again.

Before I could leave after putting on fresh clothes, she has woken up.

"Where are you going? Your wound isn't healed yet!" She scolded.

"To work, where else?" I replied

"Work? Are you kidding me, Ivan? You didn't even want to go to the hospital and your body isn't also stable right now!" 

"Oh, so are you now saying you're worried about my health?"

"Who wouldn't be worried to see an injured man coming home..." She mumbled.

"Then tell me you're worried about me and I'll stay home."

"Hmph! Stay home, or else I will..." before she could even finish her sentence I pinned her to the wall making her look through my eyes.

"As much as I want to stay, I need to solve this one big moron, aight?" I whispered through her ear.

"Then... promise me you won't get more injuries when you come home..."

"I won't" I reassured her to relieve her from the stress last night.

I took off with a grin on my face knowing that now I have an inspiration to come back home.

Because that home, has my everything. My precious memories and a woman I can't get my mind off to.

But I did not expect that day to be... a disaster for my clan. 

We had a traitor. Someone spied on us, they knew all the routes of the base and thats when...

We got ambushed, most of my men this time had too much major injuries that they couldn't even retreat.

This time it wasn't Trevor's clan. Someone was trying to take us down just in one blow.

But out of all the other weaklings that we have fought, I don't think anyone would be as highly professional than the enemy we had now.

As the base was being burnt down. Everything looked like hell.

 Everything looked like hell

I am pissed. A while later as the base has now mostly tore down, most of the morons have retreated.

"Has everyone survived?"

"Only a quarter of the clan has only survived such tragedy now." Liam said.

"But... Alpha are you really ok?" he added.

"What do you mean?"

"You... you're head is bleeding nonstop, alpha."  he stuttered although I knew something was wrong with me...

Is that why my vision was very hazy. While I was lost in my thought onto my promise to Shena, the medical team has now arrived.

I was given an IV drip and was rushed to the Surgery Room. Sue said I had a very major injury.

Yet how come I never felt anything in my head at that time?

I woke up in a few weeks. Ever since that day I woke up, Shena was there. But this time... She looked off the chart.

Her eyebags were larger than a panda's. Well not that big but she was so pale.

As I regained my vision after waking up, I glanced at her and she was crying.

This woman...

I was so guilty. I shouldn't have promised her anything.

I didn't know that the consequences were really crucial. She was not in the right state at that time and just dropped down and cried.

I lifted my hand to make her grip onto it.

She reached for my hand. I saw her smile as she whimpers. 

"You're not going to sleep for a few weeks anymore right?" She said.

"I won't" I repied

"NO! You're a liar! That's also what you said the last time yet LOOK AT YOU NOW!" She shouted making the room echo.

"I'm sorry..." I lowered my head at the sense of guilt I was having. I knew I was in the wrong.

But suddenly she approached me and hugged me tightly onto hers.

"D-don't be like this, you will hurt yourself even more. Ivan, please..."

Shena... I can't. I was already committed to being like this. 

Yet those words couldn't even get out of my voice.

I was hesitant to tell her everything.

"STOP BEING A MAFIA LEADER!"

Thats when she had enough. I was shocked... 

Who told her I was in the mafia?

"IF YOU STILL WANT ME TO BE WITH YOU, THEN STOP."

"Then leave." I replied.

"If you can't accept me being involved in the mafia, then go. I wanted you gone in the first place." I added.

That's when the room went silent. Those red eyes of hers stopped shedding tears.

She was in a total shock of me saying this.

I was sorry... I didn't mean to end it all like that. We were just together for a month yet it all ended with me saying such ruthless words to her.

"O-ok.." She stuttered as she came out of the room not even trying to look back from me...

------------

Thanks for reading!!!

Make sure to Follow Me

&

Vote Chapter

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!