Prologue

Today is my Debut Day... 

Am I happy? No. Do I look excited? No

All I thought about today was my Mother's words before I even step on the venue.

(Flashback on the car)

"You have to be elegant and neat, only then will that man grow interested in you" Mother advised.

"What do you mean "man", Mother?" I asked cluelessly on what she told me.

"We had to hide it to you for weeks now... But you are actually getting engaged today, Sweetie." Mother said. My face showed disbelief after hearing Mother say engagement.

ENGAGEMENT?!

"I'm getting e-engaged?" I stuttered while still trying to swallow what Mother just told me.

"Yes, sweetie. I'm sorry we only told you this now. Can you just forgive us?" Mom pleaded as the car halts at the entrance of the runaway.

I was dumbfounded.

As I sway my beautiful golden ballgown off the runaway as cameras catches for a picture. It was a very bothering night for me.

I tried to fake a smile, yet my eyes kept wanting to run a tear or two.

As I got in the venue, I rushed to an empty makeup room to wipe the tears that has successfully fallen down my cheeks.

As I reapplied my makeup, I sat in the makeup room for minutes until my bestfriend, Tala, called that she has arrived. I immediately rush outside and avoided eye contact to the guests.

As my eyes wandered to find Tala, I suddenly remembered what my Mother said.

My mind completely shut down making me freeze at the spot showing my dull face as guests pass by.

I snapped back from reality as Tala pulled me for a surprise hug.

"Congratulations! You are now officially a woman!" Tala exclaimed. I immediately smiled as she giggles while still hugging me

"Thank you, bestie." I responded as I flapped her ballgown.

"Hey! Don't you know how difficult to style a role model like me?" She sassed as I laughed.

"I bet Brother would love to see such a sexy Tala other than the innocent one." I replied.

"Anyways," as she looks around the place. "He's here!" She exclaimed pointing at Noah. She fixes her hair as she said " Do I look good, Shen?"

"Y-"

"NO! Not good, do I look fashionable?" She said as she poses professionally.

"Definitely!" I chuckled. She was too focused on Noah just when I pushed her to Noah's direction. She glared at me while I waved goodbye.

All my worries washed away because of her. Tala was really a great friend to have. I walked through the guests swaying side to side.

I ended swaying as I reached the balcony. The stars were beautiful that night.

My assistant confronted me for the opening dance and I knew that I needed to rush there for the guests not to wait any longer.

I stayed on the center as I waited for each 18 flowers to be given to me. Starting with my Dad, to my brothers, and to my male friends.

Thinking that I have now received the last flower from my guy bestfriend Shawn, I got confused as to why the melody hasn't ended yet.

I started to count all 18 roses. Or so I thought. Before knowing there were only 17, a man came near me. A very yet arrogant man came closer.

And closer,,,

Very close...

And gently lent me his hand and gave me the last rose to my other hand...

I got so nervous. I can't do this...

Before I knew it, I came running across the hall, across every single guests before I fell into the arms of someone...

Still as rock

This man...

Thinking it's some romantic movie. I looked up and was dumbfounded.

It was just my brother Jonathan. Damn this world giving my hopes up.

"Get back" He demanded.

"No!" I replied.

"Stop being a brat. Get back out there and just finish the damn dance"

"Make me" I winked trying to make him loose his grip.

Before I even knew it, I was carried back like some sack of rice. My blood was reaching my head and I kept tryin to stumble while he carried me.

"Damn it, brother! Can't you see I don't even know that man!"

I was pissed. How come I'm the only one who got forced to be engaged?!

"Then stop resisting and just cooperate." He advised calmly.

Before my mind could even talk, my brother placed me in the middle of the hall.

Now I'm facing this man...

Again...

"Hi?" I said embarrassedly

He didnt reply and just pushed me toward him, making me flinch.

"Don't you ever run away from me."

"Again." He threatened me as he swayed me through the waltz.

My body...

Was shivering....

His voice was so domineering.

He woke all my nerves just by saying...

A sentence.

I was bewildered.

I just made him move me as I couldn't even control my own body.

********

Thanks for reading!!!
Make sure to
Follow Me
&
Vote Chapter

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!