Chapter 3

Break off the engagement

Its been a few days since then. We never had any contact anymore.

Thankfully I never randomly bump into him again.

I was now the talk of the campus. Besides that, I wasn't bothered .

Me and Tala were like usual. Talking while walking, and walking while talking.

Until a day after I thought everything was NOW OFFICIALLY back to normal.

Well, So I thought it was.

I came back home smiling knowing I will never see that businessman Ivan Martinez again.

As I opened the door, his back posture got my attention.

What a very masculine body. Not gonna lie but that's one hot man in a suite.

Before I could adore this stranger, he then looked at me with those domineering eyes.

"WHAT THE F@CK! Why is it you?"

"Manners Shena!" Mother strictly pleaded.

How could I respect this man? He literally a ruthless, arrogant, domineering man! His name even suits his personality.

"A name of a bastard" I mumbled in a low voice as I bowed to greet him

"Excuse me?" his tone demanding an answer with his brows squinting again darting in my eyes with those beautiful hazel eyes of his.

"I said welcome!" as I purposely walk past him

"Anyways, now that she is here. I shall say the news." Aaron says

"Please do, Mr. Martinez" Father says

How come they give such high respect on a incompatible business man? Isn't that just his title?

"I am going to break off the engagement" he said in a serious tone

The living room went quiet. Ofcourse I was glad!

But a part of me was dumbfounded. I knew that he didn't like me and this whole engagement thing but... 

I wasn't expecting that time would be now.

"That's a nice joke, Mr. Martinez!" My dad said trying to laugh it off.

"Its not." he then gestures on the man on the end of the living room door to give out an envelope.

"Sign this." he added giving me an envelope.

I didn't hesitate to sign it! I knew it was for terminating the contract my parents signed before.

Before I handed the contract back to him with my signature on it, he grinned at me.

I was confused. Why would he grin at me? Is it because this is how much he was pissed that night of my debut?

Hmmph! Good for you. You deserved it!

Everything went normal again. Mom and Dad apologized to me for making me engaged to him.

Ofcourse I accepted their apology. It's not like I would resent them all my life because of this engagement thing.

A few days go by. One early morning I was scheduled to be at school with my groupmates by 8.

We had a presentation today and were the first group to share our work.

I didn't have a driver today so I took my keys and drove the smallest car in the garage.

I couldn't find the fastest car in the garage so I sprinted my a$s to the driveway.

I took the lambo. I didn't care if I should've drove either the black ones because I was in hurry.

Time check it was 7:32. Needa hurry.

As I drove across the highways, I came across an empty free way.

Aren't I lucky enough to get a free way.

While I enjoyed being the only car in the free way, I came across two black cars behind me.

When I say behind me, I mean literally inches away from my car.

The freeway was long. And my school is literally 25 minutes away from the mansion.

I sped to 40 kilometers per hour.

And they sped too. At this moment I knew I was being followed.

Who are these thugs? How dare they follow me. Before I even trail them off to some random place, I came across a mountain site.

Sh!t.

I'm so dumb. I'm gonna get cornered. I sped the lambo to 70.

I was trying to avoid them to outrun me while a freakin black bugatti bumped into my lambo.

At this time I didn't know if I have fallen down this mountain or not.

My airbag saved me from bumping the stirring wheel.

I felt light headed. That's when I felt unconscious.

I woke up in some room. The room was weird.

My arm was injected with an IVF. But the rest of the room smelled...

Like sedatives.

I was being drugged while I was unconscious?!

I couldn't move. Seems like my body is in a shock right now.

At this moment I wondered. Is my family worried about me?

I was the only daughter of the Mayers. A family of 4 sons and 1 girl.

I kept thinking who might be my abductor. This person dares to risk itself for money.

I hoped someone would find me at that moment yet I knew that I would be dead by then.

My abductor is insane. He made me unconscious yet now he's literally extending my life.

Is he going to torture me slowly?

I was not in my normal state, I was weak. The sedatives are taking action again.

Before my eyes went totally shut, I saw a blurry vision of a man. 

He looked really familiar. But before he could come closer to me, I was already knocked out again.

------------

Thanks for reading!!!

Make sure to Follow Me

&
Vote Chapter

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!