Chapter 83

After Stephanie told me that my red dress wouldn't do since this is the biggest party of the year, I decided to spend even more time getting ready. I curl my hair into long and loose curls before applying light lipstick. My nails are painted light blue to match my light-blue lace dress. I put on Jace's necklace and I'm amazed at how beautifully the blues fit together.

"Wow, you look like a princess," Stephanie says and my mind goes back to Chrissy and the first party we went to.

"You okay?" Stephanie asks and I nod.

"Yeah, sorry." I breathe.

"Thank you." I smile at her before looking at myself in the mirror one last time before we slip into heels and head outside. Stephanie pulls her short black dress down before we head into her car.

"Is the party not at Miles's house?" I ask, noticing that she took a different turn than the one leading to Miles's mansion.

"No, it's at Hayden's house." She says and I nod before looking out the window. A part of me wants to leave. The odds of me bumping into Hayden are slim and I'm willing to take the chance. I need to talk to Jacob and this is my only chance before Miles manages to somehow stop me.

"Stephanie!" I hear a petite girl call as we approach the large house with a pool front side.

"Go," I tell her, I need to be alone when I see Jacob.

"You sure?" she looks at me and I nod.

"Yeah," I say and she smiles before rushing inside with her friend. I take a deep breath before taking one last look at the tall house and entering the banging music inside.

"King, king, king, king, king!" I hear yelling in the living room. The room is filled with all kinds of expensive-looking couches and to my surprise, game tables, and that word again—king. That's what Miles was called, except this time, they're yelling at it Jacob who's descending down the stairs.

"Madison," Jacob says and I look at him as he stands at the end of the stairs in front of me. I smile at him before slowly approaching his extended hand.

Miles's POV

My feet take me over the gravel lazily. I already feel drunk and I haven't even started drinking.

"She's with him," I say, my jaw clenching and my hand holding tightly onto the whiskey glass in front of me. The familiar wooden table of Cherry's sinks in and I want to drown myself in this glass.

"With who?" Barry asks confused.

"Yo! I thought I said no rocks." I call at the waitress, she must be new, I've never seen her here before. And when I came here with Madison, she definitely wasn't working here. The girl rushes over and hands me another drink.

"Leave it," I say with quick wide eyes and a smirk after she tries to take it away. It's already bad enough that there are Christmas lights hung up around the bar in November, this waitress definitely didn't need to be hired.

"Jacob." I look at him with my bloodshot eyes.

"I saw the messages on her phone, she'll find out tonight," I say, sipping the whiskey in my hand. She thought I didn't notice, but as soon as I walked back into that hospital room, her phone screen was lit up beside her desk and I knew she must have replied to something. And when she finally fell asleep, I took my chance to check it out. This time, I couldn't stop her, I couldn't stop him—I couldn't stop it.

"He's telling her? So that means you didn't stop—"

"Yup." I drink the rest of my whiskey and ask for another.

"Only three per customer until." The waitress kindly informs me.

"Well then, give me a fourth and I'll promise to sip it slowly until then," I say with a wink but she shakes her head.

"I'm sorry but no." She walks away and I roll my eyes.

"She needs to get fired." I smile at Barry who still looks surprised that I haven't quit those stupid rivalries.

"Oh come on, you're disappointed in me too? Barking at myself all day is enough, that and oh, Madison's face when she'll find out." I say with a smile before reaching over the countertop and grabbing the whiskey bottle and turn on my heel.

"Mister." The young waitress starts behind me and I try not to laugh.

"Fuck you, and you Barry, fuck you all," I say before sipping out of the bottle and getting into my black Lambo. I speed up onto the main road with the bottle resting beside me. 

My heart sinks at the thought of her finding out as I'm driving there but I have no way of explaining myself, I can't. 

It's easier this way, It's easier if I let him tell her, it's easier if she hates me.