Chapter 81

Miles's POV

"She'll be okay, it's a minor concussion and we want to keep her in the hospital just to be safe for a few days, I'll let you know when you can visit her. There is another guest there right now"

"Fine." I clench my jaw before sitting down. I stare at my ripped jeans before resting my head in my dirty and fucked up hands. 

The blood from all of the scratches on my arms haven't stopped bleeding and the amount of times the fucking nurse has offered me band-aids is driving me insane. I glance over her again, her green eyes staring right into mine, but she quickly looks away with a small smile on her face. She looks barely eighteen. 

I wait impatiently until the doctor stops talking to the nurse before I finally stand the hell up and walk down the hall where I know my girl is waiting for me. 

The door is open and I stop in my tracks as soon as I hear Jacob's god damned voice in there, talking to her, talking to my Madison.

"I'm sorry." He cries like a pathetic bitch. His bloody arms rest on her white sheets even though he accepted those stupid band-aids from that annoying nurse. 

The memory of that accident a few hours ago still haunts me. She begged me to sway away, she begged and didn't listen. Instead like a fucking asshole, I kept going, I kept going until she finally begged for the windshield wipers and even then I kept going. 

I didn't listen to shit, I thought I had it—I thought I had it until it was too late. The car looked farther away than it was and as soon as those raindrops were cleared off the windshield, it was too late to turn back. 

That little scream she let out as the car collided still haunts me. We were going way too fucking fast.

"Can you hear me, Madison?" Jacob asks and I roll my eyes. I'm tempted to go inside but if that fucker tells her, I'll murder him right here.

"This is finally over, I can't do this anymore—" he says, placing his ring on her bed.

"This is what has been killing me ever since I first saw you, this is the reason for everything going wrong. But I'm done, and this rivalry ring won't control me anymore, I'm done with all of the rivalries between Miles and I." He breathes and I clench my jaw, hoping she can't hear any of this shit. I want to run inside but the moe Jacob thinks he's telling her the better. 

She can't hear him and I don't need him riding my back about still having to tell her. He can tell her whatever the hell he wasn't as long as it's right now.

"I've worn this ring ever since high school, and it's never come off until now. This is all for you, I'm giving this up for you and even though Miles has too, he's still hiding something from you, and . . .

and so am I." Jacob gulps and he looks as if he's holding back tears. I roll my eyes, trying not to chuckle.

"But I need you to know and you will know, soon. As soon as you're awake, I'm telling you, I'm telling you all about Miles . . . all about the shit . . . no matter how much you'll end up hating me, you need to know."

"Fucking shit," I whisper and run my fingers through my hair. The last thing I need is for him to tell her when she's awake.

"Why don't you tell her now?" I bark, entering the room. Jacob turns around, taking his bloody hands off the sheets.

"You want to tell her about how you started the games between us? How you came up with the idea?"

"Why the fuck would you do this to her?!" Jacob bursts, standing up and grabbing me by my shirt, slamming me against the wall. I roll my eyes but stay there. I don't have the energy to fight this. He's right, I did do this to her.

"What the fuck is wrong with you to take her into the car with you?!" Jacob screams before punching me in my jaw. I smirk and spit out the blood in my mouth onto the green-blue floor. Hospitals really have no taste.

"So why didn't you stop me? Why didn't you stop her from sitting in that car with me?" I smirk even through the guilt and pain inside me.

"I didn't know she was with you, you fucking asshole!" He barks.

"If I only knew how much you'd hurt her, I would have killed you in that car race." He says and I smile before pushing him off me.

"My time," I say, sitting down at the chair that he was in seconds ago.

"You might have gotten her, but I will never give up and one day . . . I might just succeed and you'll wish you treated her better." Jacob says before exiting through the door.