Chapter 34: Apologies

Author's Question: Is Nendou ugly? What is your opinion?

Also, if you'd notice, I weave a lot of foreshadowing and hints as I write this story. I hope you remember them as they come into light. :)

The next day, Emiko woke with a start and sat up on her bed. She had to apologise to everyone. Groaning, she plopped herself back on her bed and covered her face with a pillow.

"Ugh." She said regretfully. "Why'd I have to act so weird around everyone, now it's going to be weird to act so normal again."

She stayed in bed for a few more minutes playing with the light beams from her fingers switching them on and off and and off all the while wondering what she should say.

To Kusuo especially.

Her apology to him would have to be different because he needed to know the truth.

Finally, before all her guilt could swallow her, she stood from the bed to wash her face and contemplated on what to do for the day. She sat in front of her dresser to brush her hair that she hasn't brushed in days and looked at her reflection.

By habit, she spoke to herself. "On the day that I'll save Kenji, I'll let my real hair colour grow out. I don't need to hide anymore when that time comes."

She leaned back on her seat and was quiet a few moments when her stomach growled. She realised she skipped dinner last night. This gave her an idea on what she might do with her day. She slipped on a pair of jeans and white polo, made her way to fix a small bag for going out.

She greeted her parents before leaving the house and told them that she was going to apologise to Kusuo. Her parents wished her luck and Emiko left. In 20 minutes, she made her way to a little breakfast cafe that served lovely breakfast in cute bentos. Very suitable for take-out. As hungry as she was, she ordered four bentos for take out (two each for her and Kusuo. If Kusuo was fine with just one, she probably can still finish the other). She stopped by a convenience store and bought three packs of coffee jelly and an onigiri to snack on as her stomach couldn't take it anymore. By the time she ended up in front of the Saikis' house, it was around half past 10 by that time, she was about to ring the bell when Kusuo's parents came out dressed formally.

"Oh, Emiko!" Kurumi said in both delight and surprise. "How lovely it is to see you!"

"Thank you. It's nice to see you too. I'm sorry for not visiting earlier since your return from London" Emiko said with a bow.

"No no! Don't worry about it. Your parents and Ku said you weren't feeling well when we wondered at your absence." Kurumi answered with a smile.

"Oh I would have loved to say and chat, but we have a wedding to go to." Kuniharu said dejectedly wanting to speak more to his future daughter in-law.

'Stop thinking that.' Kusuo scolded him telepathically.

"A-anyway," Kuniharu said scratching his head "Kusuo is inside. I'm sure he'll be glad to see you. Just walk right in."

"Thank you." Emiko said sweetly and bowed.

'Damn. I'm so nervous.' Emiko thought to herself as she pushed the front door open to see Kusuo standing a few feet in front of her.

'Why?' He asked.

'I don't like that you're reading my thoughts.' She said.

'You're not blocking it.' He pointed out.

'Yeah, I know. That's to prove a point.'

'Which is?'

Emiko shook her head finding an all telepathic conversation strange still. "That I'm gonna tell you everything and I'm not gonna hide anything when I tell you."