Chapter 20: Vandalism & Attractive Superheroes

"KAIDOOOOO SHUUUN!"

Hearing Emiko's voice calling his obnoxious friend, Saiki smirked. 'He's gonna get it now.'

The whole class snickered. Emiko was a bit scary when she was mad, she barely got angry, but when she saw something of injustice or great inconsideration, you can expect her to shed her sweet and polite demeanour. It was, however, funny to see her all fired up when her anger wasn't directed at them. The class door slid open and Kaido walked in nervously. What could he have done that made Emiko yell his name?

"H-h-hi, E-Emiko." He stuttered.

"Hello, Kaido." Emiko said in a dangerous low voice. "Come here. Follow me."

Kaido followed her in a mousy fashion. The petite woman lead her blue haired friend to her seat, stopped and pointed at the strange markings on her desk. In some red liquid that she assumed was fake blood, was a circular outline with a triangle and three strangely shaped stars around it. There were three eyes in the triangle and a mouth with fangs at the bottom.

"Please explain to me what you drew on my desk." She said quietly as she crossed her arms.

Kaido explained his drawing with different personalities interchanging. A scared boy and a strange, confident man. Everyone watched the scene unfold keenly.

"W-well, y-you see... I-I h-heard, w-well I know that y-you're s-strong."

Emiko nodded telling him to go on.

"W-well, obviously, y-you're so strong and and and..." He took a deep breath again and said in a deeper voice "The Dark Reunion always targets the strong. They will either ask you to join them to create a new world but if you refuse, they will kill you. So as your friend and most trusted ally, I put that seal on your desk to keep them from finding you."

Emiko sighed. 'It's so dumb, but his sentiments and concerns are so sweet. To think that he cared that much. Damn this Dark Reunion.' Right now, she felt guilty for being so angry that she actually yelled his name. She didn't know what to say.

At this point, everyone was quiet. They didn't know what to expect from Emiko. Will she get mad at Kaido and yell that the Dark Reunion doesn't exist? or will she just laugh it off? Kokomi for one was very curious.

Emiko cupped her cheeks with both hands and sighed. "That's... That's... Uhm... Really sweet of you, Kaido. Thank you for looking out for me. I'm sorry that I scared you."

Kaido was relieved to say the least, but took her thanks in a different way. He thought that she accepted his protection and was now in his group to defend the world. He made plans to show her and tell her what was what.

Emiko didn't want to tell Kaido that the Dark Reunion didn't exist because she understood that Kaido was under a lot of pressure from his mother and this is a way that he could be in control of something in his life. She won't tell him, at least not yet. Or maybe she'll wait for him to take charge of his own life sooner or later.

"Kaido, I know you meant well, but you need to remove these marks because this is vandalism of school property. You might get punished for it."

"B-but how are you going to stay hidden if I remove the seal?" Kaido said unknowingly making Emiko feel a bit on her stomach.

"Draw me one on this piece of paper, I'll fold it and keep it in my wallet so it's with me wherever I go. Sounds good?"

"Not only are you strong but also intelligent! Why didn't I think of that?" Kaido said as he rushed to do his things.

Some people in the class approached Emiko. "You handled that well." Tora told her. The rest of their friends agreed.

"I couldn't get mad at him because his intentions were in the right place." Emiko said bashfully. Trying to change the topic to, she asked her friends "Do you guys want to have a sleepover?"