Chapter 16: Emiko's Powers

*Are you busy?* Emiko read from her phone. She decided to annoy the guy who texted to her.

*Sorry. Who's this? :)) If you're offering to sell me potatoes, I already have enough.* She replied.

*I revoke our friendship since you can't be bothered to save my number.* A seemingly sarcastic reply. Her phone buzzed again. *Do you really have a lot of potatoes?*

*I actually do have a lot of potatoes. Dad bought two baskets worth because it was a good deal, apparently. :/* She sent him a text and remembered why he texted her in the first place and quickly typed *No. I'm not busy*

*I'm coming over. I wanna see your powers.*

*Sure, just teleport to the living room.*

*If you insist.*

Not sooner had she read that. The psychic appeared in front of her in a flash.

"Whoa. That's pretty cool."

'Are your parents home?'

"No."

'I see. Well, there's this place I go to when I want to test or measure my powers. Let's try yours there.'

"I also get to see your powers too, right?"

'Yes.'

"Let's go."

Kusuo teleported both of them to his secret spot. He explains that there is no one there for a hundred kilometre radius and that he controls satellites to stop recording overhead when he is there.

'...I could dance naked here and no one will know.'

"Cool, cool... But... have you though?" Emiko asked cheekily.

'Why is that the only thing you took away from all the things I said?'

"Because it's the most interesting out of all the things you said. Why'd you say it?"

'To prove my point that it is very secure.'

"You could have used another example."

'Can we get to the real reason why we're here?'

"You did dance naked didn't you?"

'If I did, I don't think it matters.'

"Yes it does! The very nonchalant Saiki Kusuo dancing naked. My, my, imagine if Kaido found out!"

Saiki rolled his eyes 'Remove your canceller.'

"Okay. You might wanna step back. I have no idea what's gonna happen when I remove this." She reached to the back of her neck and pulled out a tiny green orb.

"Huh. Nothing happened." She secured the canceller in her pocket. "That's funny, I really thought that I'd--" Emiko didn't get to finish her thought because her eyes glowed brightly for a few seconds and she was lifted from the ground by a force Kusuo couldn't see, but could feel. A bright energy blast sprung from her causing the earth to shake as she loses consciousness and starts to fall to the ground. Saiki teleported to where she was going to fall and caught her before she could reach the ground. As he held her in his arms, he could feel her pulsing softly. He lays her gently on the ground and teleports to his house to get a mattress and a jug of water before teleporting back.

When he returns, he sees that she is still unconscious so he lays her on the mattress and waits.

Five minutes later, Emiko opens her eyes and feels strange. She takes a few seconds before she recollects what happened.