Chapter 27: Okinawa - The Calm Before the Storm

Author's Note:  I see new people who voted certain chapters this story and added it to their reading list.  I just wanna say, you made my day! I hope you enjoy.  Expect some Kusuo and Emiko moments!

Okinawa at last! The students of PK Academy lined up and entered the busses that awaited them in the airport.   If he could choose, he would rather have been beside Emiko in the bus to avoid dealing with his troublesome group-mates, also, seeing her expertise in aviation electricals made him even more curious about her past.  She gave him the gist of what happened, but details of what happened  in between were unclear.  How did she escape? Where were they situated?  And how is it that he's never heard of an institution like that?  What tests did they perform on her? He had so many questions.  He's been as understanding as he can, holding in his anger and sadness for her sake.  He can't begin to describe how terrible she must has felt which is why he never pushed the issue and just took whatever she told him.  

"Saiki.  Let's sit here." Kaido told him snapping Kusuo out of his thoughts. Right.  Guys sit together, girls sit together. 

"Mera, take the window seat."  The psychic heard Emiko say. 

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! I'm going to take a nap.  I crammed packing my things last night so I slept pretty late."

"All right!"

Kusuo envied Emiko at the moment.  She gets to nap when he on the other hand is bothered by a giant cockroach named Nendou asking if someone is dripping paint to the sea.  What?   In another part of the bus, Hairo is pumped up as usual and he's... Sweating? The bus is fully air-conditioned and he's... You know, never mind. He looked behind him and saw Emiko sleeping with her head resting on the palm of her hand. Her mouth was opened very slightly. He smiled inwardly and thought to himself that she looked

"She's so cute when she's sleeping!"  His thoughts were cut off by one of his classmates exclaiming how Emiko looked in her sleep. 

"Sssshhhh! You'll wake her up!" Another said.

People whose seats were near peeked at the pink haired girl. 

"She looks like an angel!" Kokomi exclaimed. 'Oh my gosh, did I just say that?'

'You'd never think that she was wanted by the Dark Reunion with that innocent face.'

Kusuo was thinking of how to stop his classmates from peering at her like a zoo animal but Matsuzaki-Sensei was one step ahead of him.  One reason was because no one should bother a resting student and the other reason was because she and Hairo were both class reps for this trip.  It's hard to manage a big group out of school grounds, so she's taking charge of the girls and Hairo for the boys.

"Hey! Don't disturb her! Let her sleep." He scolded the students.

"Sorry, Sensei."

'You weren't bothering Sensei.'  Saiki thought to himself.

It was quiet for a while until Kaido kept talking in the Okinawan dialect which impressed Teruhashi who asked him to teach her making Kaido proud of himself and now kept using it in everything he said.  It was getting annoying. 

They finally reached their destination which was a tourist district with lots of restaurants and souvenir shops and attractions.

"Emi! Wake up! It's time to eat!" Mera said excitedly.

"Oh.." A groggy Emiko woke up, stood up and stretched.  "I am hungry."

Kusuo's group headed to a soba restaurant with Kaido saying Okinawan phrases every chance he gets.