Chapter 48

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Bertholdt asked in shock.

"I ran a-away. L-Levi..." Y/n cried.

"Levi? What's wrong with Levi? Did he hurt you?" Bertholdt said, pulling Y/n to his living room couch. He wiped away her tears with his thumb as Y/n continued to sob, letting out hiccups in the process. "Y/n, tell me what happened?"

"H-He... He's cheating on me..." She put her face on her palm and cried harder. Bertholdt sighed and pulled her to his chest, wrapping his arms around her small body.

"How can he do that to you?" Bertholdt asked quietly.

"I-I'm not enough for him... I thought he loves me, Bertholdt. I-I'm a f-fool..." She cried and wrapped her arms around the male.

"No, you're not a fool. He is the fool for cheating on you." Bertholdt hugged Y/n tighter.

"Can I-I stay here? H-he might come looking for me."

"S-sure. As long as you need to. I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind, besides they're on a business trip." Bertholdt said, pulling away from Y/n a bit to wipe away her tears. "Where's your bags?"

"I only brought Junior, I don't wanna to leave him behind." Y/n sniffled as she pulled out her phone.

"A flip phone? Where's your old phone?" Bertholdt asked.

"I left it. I don't want him to talk to me." Y/n said, opening Junior's cage to let him out. He immediately jumped on to his owner's lap.

"Oh Y/n..." Bertholdt chuckled, standing up. "Let's get you cleaned up, you can have my bed." Y/n stood up as well. Bertholdt led Y/n to his bedroom for her to take a shower and change her clothes.

The tall man prepared the shower for Y/n as she began to put herself together. "You can borrow my shirts since I returned your extra shirts to your dad's house last month. I still have your pouch though." He blushed handed a small pouch to Y/n.

"You still kept this?"

"Yeah. You know, for emergency when you visit my house." Bertholdt's face became even redder as Y/n chuckled at the pouch.

"Thank you, Bertholdt. I don't know what I'd do without you." Y/n stood up and hugged Bertholdt, which he returned.

"You're welcome, Y/n." He gave her a towel and lead her to the warm bathroom for her to take a shower.

As Y/n took her shower, her body immediately began to relax. She was rinsing her hair when she started sobbing again. "Am I really not enough for you, Levi?"

Bertholdt was preparing a comforter for himself when he heard her sobs and whimpers inside the bathroom. He knocked on the door to check on her. "Y/n? Are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah, I'm fine. I'm almost done." Bertholdt nodded and went back to preparing his bed for the night. Once Y/n came out of the bathroom, Bertholdt saw her sniffling. He hugged her to give her comfort, which Y/n is thankful for.

She let Bertholdt dry her hair with her towel before laying down on the bed. "Thank you for everything, Bert."

"No problem, Y/n." Bertholdt said, laying down on the comforter that he fixed.

"Bertholdt?"

"Hmm?"

"Can you hide me here until the competition?"

"Hide? I'm sure I can hide you here but why?" Bertholdt asked, closing his eyes.

"I don't want to see Levi anymore." Y/n wrapped the blanket closer to her body. The man beside the bed opened his eyes again to look at his friend.