Chapter 24

Levi rolled over his bed and fall over. He woke up with a start and immediately, a headache came. He rubbed his head and groaned. He thought about what happened last night and what he had dreamt. Y/n came to see him.

'It's just a dream, Levi. She won't do that to you.' Levi told himself. He stood up, still rubbing his temple. 'Hang over is sh*t.' He walked to his door, realizing that his clothes are somehow different than last night. 'Maybe I took a shower last night.' Once he opened the door, he was blinded by the lights from outside his room. He instantly smelled something being cooked and it sure is delicious. He closed his door and walked to his kitchen.

There stood a woman, with her back turned away from him and an apron around her waist. She turned off the stove and turned to put the plate on the table. "Oh! Good morning, Levi. I made breakfast for you. I figured out that you'd have a headache after all that alcohol you consumed last night."

Levi stared at her as he sat on the dining chair. "You're really here? Why?"

She smiled at him as she place the freshly made breakfast in front of him. "I came here to celebrate your birthday but when I arrived, you were kinda drunk. I'm so sorry I didn't have time to buy you a gift."

"What happened?" Levi asked as Y/n put a cup of water in front of him. He took a sip of the water to try and stop the headache.

"Well... I came here last night at exactly 11:56pm and you answered the door. You cried a bit but you were practically sobbing. I let me in and I brought you to the bathroom because you were gagging, I also made you take a bath since you kind of stink." Levi raised an eyebrow and made her continue. "I put you to bed and I tidied your apartment since it was messy and I know that when you wake up, you won't like it. I slept on your couch, when I woke up, I took a shower and ran to the grocery so I can cook you breakfast. the other stores are still close though."

"You should be with your father right now."

"Well he agreed that I should celebrate your birthday with you. I'm good at persuading, right?" She smiled and sat on the chair opposite to Levi's. "Do you remember anything from yesterday?"

Levi thought for a bit and remember some parts of it.

Even the 'I Love You'.

"No."

"Ok. Umm... Do you have anything to do later?" She asked.

"No."

"Perfect! We could hang out. Alone, right?"

Levi shrugged and Y/n stood up, walking to the door and taking the trash out. Levi was left alone for a short time. He took a spoon full of the tamago and fried rice and shove it inside his mouth. His eyes widen as he remember the taste of his favorite childhood food.  He stood up to make tea but realized that there is already a cup of tea in front of him. How did that get there? He took a sip of tea and smirked. "Exact tea I was looking for." He took another bite of the meal that his best friend made. He took another and another and another, not realizing that Y/n already came back.

"You like that?" y/n spoke quietly. Levi choked on the rice he was swallowing without chewing. Is he really that hungry? Y/n patted his back and gave him water. "I know you like it, it's your favorite meal, right?" She smiled and patted his head, causing Levi to slightly slap her hand away.

"Hands off. Why are you here?"

"I told you earlier, I want to celebrate your birthday with you beca--"

"Because you pitied me?! I told you many times that I don't need you anymore."

Y/n frowned and said, "Ok... I'll be out of your sight later." After saying that she smiled again. Nothing could make her smile go away, even Levi can't. The smile will return over and over again.

But in the inside, her heart shattered as Levi said that in front of her face. All she wanted was to gain Levi's trust again so they could live happily.

As Levi pushed away his dirty dishes, Y/n came to pick up his dish and wash them. "I still care about you, Levi. No matter how hard you push me, I'll keep coming back. I'm here to fix our friendship. I want to make new memories with you instead of being drowned in those old ones." She said as she wash the plates. She put them away and took off the apron. "Can I stay here? just until this afternoon."

"Fine."

"Thank you, Levi. I'll just take a nap on your couch." She walked over to Levi's couch, not making any eye contact with Levi. She sat on the couch and laid her head on the armrest, almost folding her body in half so she doesn't take all of the couch to herself. She quickly fell asleep.

Levi watched her every movement and felt a sting in his heart. He then scanned the room and saw that it was back to normal, sparkling clean. He looked back at Y/n and sat next to her.

Dark circles under her eyes, it was almost unnoticeable but Levi, an observant person, saw it at first glance. Her face is pale from the cold temperature outside. She rarely has make-up on since she doesn't need it. But other than that, she is perfect in Levi's eyes.

Levi stood up from his couch and took a blanket from his room. He put it on Y/n so she could sleep peacefully without being bothered by the cold weather. He looked at her face close up and pushed away the hair that covers some part of her face. He gave her a small smile and stood up. No movements from the girl, so he decided to straighten her body so she could atleast stretch her small frame to take the whole couch.

When Y/n woke up, her suitcase was gone. She quickly stood up and saw Levi on the dining table, drinking tea while reading something in his phone. "Levi, have you seen my suitcase? you didn't throw it away, right?" She asked while rubbing her eyes.

"I put them in my room. It was on the way and it was an eyesore to my living room." He sips his tea. "How long are you planning to stay?"

"Well until this afterno--" She looked up at the wall clock. "Why didn't you wake up me up?! It's already 4:42!  Did I really slept that long?!"

She quickly limped to Levi's room and took her hygiene kit. She took out her facial foam and toothbrush and went to the bathroom real quick, brushing teeth and washing her face.  She brushed her hair and put on some chapstick on her lips.

She walked back to Levi's room and took her Suitcase. She walked to the living room, seeing Levi staring at her.

"How long are you going to stay?"

"I will be staying here until December 29 and get back in Canada by 30 so I can get ready for the New year celebration. Bye, Levi. Maybe I'll see you around. " She quickly said and smiled at him being going to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to find a hotel to stay at."

"You're not going anywhere. " Levi sips his tea again.

"Excuse me?"

"I said you're not going anywhere. You're staying here until your flight."

"But you said--"

"What did I say?" Levi put his phone down and gave her his ful attention.

"You don't need me anymore..."

"Did I said anything about leaving?"

"No... " Y/n let go of her suitcase.

"Then no one is leaving. Easy as that."