Prolouge

It was a cold winter day and it is the time where people are gathering around a frozen pond to watch a show. An Ice Skating Show.

"Levi!! Let's go! I want to be on the front to see the best skater!!" The little girl with h/c hair said to the raven haired boy, pulling him to the front.

The boy didn't said anything in return but instead, followed the little girl. "Excuse me. Excuse me please." The girl told the crowd as they went to the front.

"And now for the first performer, Erwin Smith!!"

"The show's already starting!! come on, Levi!" The girl pulled her best friend by the wrist to the empty space in front of all those people. As they reach the front of the crowd, first performer was already skating towards the center. "It's Erwin!! your idol!" she nudged Levi with her elbow.

" Tch." He rolled his icy grey eyes. Behind that cold eyes, was full admiration towards the young man who is currently skating around the rink.

"Levi look!! He performed a perfect triple axel!" Levi looked over to Y/n and put his hand on her head, making her smile even more.

"I want to be like him someday..." Levi said in adoration.

"I want to be like Eren! He's perfect." Y/n smiled and stepped closer to Levi.

Once Erwin's performance is done, people threw him a bunch of flowers which he picked up one by one and thanked everyone. "And now, for our second performer, Eren Yeager!!" As the name was called, Y/n screamed at the top of her lungs, making Levi wince and cover her mouth. Y/n on the other hand, licked his palm and smiled at him.

"You nasty, brat." Levi said as he wiped his hand on his jacket.

Seven years later...

"Bye Levi!! I'm going to miss you!" She said as she hugged Levi with all her might.

"I'll miss you too, brat. Write a letter for me. I'll send back a letter." Levi said as he put his head on her shoulder.

"I will. Bye." She said as she kissed Levi's cheek before letting go and going to her family's car.

"Bye..." Levi muttered as he walked down the empty streets to his house.

A week later, Levi received a box. He unboxed it quickly to see a pair of skates and a note.

To my dearest friend Levi,

'Hello, Levi. We finally moved in and are comfortable here in Canada. I bought you skates, I hope they still fit you. Just tell me if you changed sizes so I can adjust. I'm becoming really busy with my new school, since I'm new here. How's Japan?. I miss you so much. I want to visit you now but my parent told me that we just got here. I'll send you more letter in the future. I miss and Love ya, Levi.'

Love Y/n,

Levi took the skates with a grin on his face. He quickly put it on and it fit perfectly. He took it off and scrabbles to find a pen and paper. Once he does, he poured his heart out.

To my best friend Y/n,

'Hey, Y/n. It is nice to hear something about you today 'cause my day went very sh*tty. You really know when are the times of stress, you make me happy all the time. I really want you back here with me. Japan is still the same but without you here. I miss you. I wish I could spend more time with you. If you're asking about the skates, they fitted perfectly. I wish I could skate with you. Your new friends will be lucky to have you as their friend, just like how lucky I am to be your friend. I hope you can visit me, or I'll get a passport myself so I can visit you there. Tell me about Canada on your next letter. I love you and I miss you so much.

Love Levi Ackermann,

As time passed, more letters were exchanged and kept.

Levi continued ice skating to improve his skills and hopefully, to impress Y/n. Y/n did the same. She sent Levi more skates that are different sizes, just like he says and sometimes sent different things from Canada. Levi was very happy to receive a bunch of stuff from another country. He sent Y/n couple of things from Japan. He might have worked hard after school to earn money to buy those, but It's worth it.

Y/n was very busy because of school and skating but still, she sent letters to Levi.

But as time passed, the busier they get, the less letter they sent. The less memories that they make. Less hope they'll see each other in the future.

It's Christmas day. It's Levi's birthday, he haven't received any letter from Y/n. He didn't enjoyed his day and just wasted his time waiting for a single letter.

He went to his room and took out a letter that he received last year.

'Happy Birthday, Levi!! I wish you all the best!! More birthdays to come!! I love you and miss you.'

Love Y/n,

A simple letter, but it made his heart melt. He read it again and again just to satisfy himself from loneliness. He cried before he went to sleep that night.

"Maybe she forgot about me...Happy birthday to me..."