THE TRUTH HURTS

Casterly Rock 294 AC.

Genna.

She had to admit, seeing Joy try to speak to Jon about the dragons while the little girl made sure no one could hear her was amusing to her. Watching as she whispered in Jon's ear, as he whispered in hers and then she looked around as if she'd learned yet another great secret had made her laugh more than once, Jon too. Which the boy had needed, such was his guilt and anger at himself for how Margaery and Sansa had felt.

She was glad he'd been able to fix it, somewhat at least, though she knew he wouldn't rest until the raven could be sent and the news could be confirmed through more normal means. When he had told her and Gerion what he'd did she'd been stunned, to be able to control an animal in that way was still difficult for her to understand, to do so to an animal that far away was frightening.

"What are you chuckling about sister?" Gerion said sitting down beside her.

"Those two, look at them?" she said as Joy was once again having something whispered in her ear.

"Did I tell you what she said to me?" he asked smiling.

"No."

"We were walking to her lesson, just the two of us and she began questioning me trying to find out if I knew. I swear Genna when she plays that game of hers, I don't know how she keeps it up." he said and she laughed imagining Joy's questions "When Balerion came running by, she picked the cat up and looked at it, saying you're a dragon aren't you, and then looking at me out of the corner of her eye."

"The little minx."

"Aye, I had to tell her I knew, that you and Jaime and Tyrion did, as did Loras and Cregan and Lyarra and Jon's guards."

"He didn't tell her?" she asked surprised.

"I think he was so relieved she accepted it that he didn't get around to it."

"She knows Brienne and the new boy, what's his name?"

"Satin."

"Aye, him, she knows they don't know?"

"She does." he said and both of them looked at her and Jon as he began tickling her, Joy's laugher echoing around the room.

They were almost finished breaking their fast when Jaime arrived carrying a scroll in his hands.

"The ship's being spotted a little way out, Tyrion's home." he said and she sighed.

"We need him to rest and be settled first Jaime, tell Jon." she said and he nodded.

She took her mind of what they needed to speak of with Tyrion by making sure Joy went to her lesson and Brienne, Satin and Cregan went to theirs, Jon and Loras would be joining Jaime for the day and heading to Lannisport to welcome Tyrion home. Once she left Joy with Lyarra she then went to her own solar and began to read through her letters, there were some that responded to her request for fostering, which she had put off reading for now.

Tion would foster with Lord Brax and so she had sent letters to find some boys to foster here with Walder, one from the Riverlands, a Blackwood, a young lad from House Payne and a lad from House Rykker along with her nephew Tyrek, she would agree to. Joy's fostering was harder, as it seemed even Joy being the future lady of Castamere was not enough for some to forget Joy's birth.