Volume 6, Chapter 4 - "New Blood"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

It was about eight o'clock in the morning. I had been woken up by the familiar noise of swinging steel coming from outside my bedroom window. When I moved the curtains to the side to take a look at what was going on, I thought I saw (BF/N) with what looked like two swords in his hands, swinging them around as if he were a professional... or at least, trying to look like one but it was leading to no success. However, I doubted what was going on due to my tiredness from my early awakening so I grabbed a shirt and a pair of trousers, changed into them and went outside to see what (BF/N) was doing there. I yawned and stretched my arms as I called out to him.

(Y/N): "What are you doing here so early in the morning?"

As soon as my eyes trailed to my left onto the path just after my front garden, my heart raced in anxiety! All of my Huntsman equipment was laid out on the path, which could've only meant that those swords that (BF/N) was swinging around were Requiem and Rebellion! I was quite protective of my equipment, my swords especially, so when I realised that (BF/N) had taken them without asking, I had a few things to say.

(Y/N): "HEY!!! WHO SAID YOU COULD-?!?! Put my swords down and get back here, now!!!"

(BF/N): "What?! Why?! I was only having a go."

(Y/N): "You can't just take someone's weapons, you know?!"

(BF/N): "That's rich coming from you! You tried to steal one before your Initiation!"

(Y/N): "It was my first day! Anyway, that's not a toy you're holding, it's a deadly weapon! Don't go swinging them around like that, it could be dangerous!"

(BF/N): "Oh, come on. You worry too much."

(Y/N): "Look, if you want to kill yourself, fine by me just don't break my gear."

(BF/N): "Hey, (Y/N)? H-How did you twirl these things as quickly as you did in the sparring match you had with Team RWBY?"

(Y/N): "Your hands are on the middle of the hilts; slide them to the front and spin them as if you were spinning a pen- HEY!!! Watch the blades!"

(BF/N): "WHOA!!!"

As he was trying to twirl the swords as I could, Rebellion's blade came centimetres away from slicing (BF/N)'s head off! It was lucky for him that I snapped his attention to it. He dropped the blades out of shock; they fell with a horrible clang that made me cringe with worry as to whether they had been damaged or not.

(Y/N): "If you break my swords, I'll break the arms that did it!"

(BF/N): "Look, I'm just trying to come to grips with these heavy things, all right?"

(Y/N): "Well then, stop trying so hard! Don't fight them as if you were wrestling a wild bull! All you have to do is just get comfortable with your weapon. Just relax."

But before my advice could reach him in time, (BF/N) was already losing control of the spinning swords above his head, which were now moving like helicopter blades!

(BF/N): "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RELAX?!?!?!"

All of a sudden, (BF/N)'s fingers slipped onto the trigger hidden inside Rebellion's grip and a blast of Dust was shot straight up into the air, which caused (BF/N) to fall flat on his face! I sighed and leant on the wall beside me. No matter what I said, he wouldn't put the swords down and instead insisted on me teaching him how to wield him. Rather reluctantly, as it was the only way to eventually stop him, I obliged and told him exactly what to do, however, he still was a terrible swordsman. He didn't take my advice very well, it seemed as if he didn't like being told what to do. After about half an hour of this, he stopped and turned to look at me with his arms crossed.