Volume 5, Chapter 4 - "Revisitation"

(Y/N's P.o.V)

I actually mourned over the Phantom's passing. Even though he was a complete asshole to me, after what he had said to me before he disappeared, I felt of him as less of an enemy and more of a friend. An unlikely friend but a friend nonetheless. I certainly felt a lot lighter once I had woken up from my dream being whole again but still, I felt as if I had lost something. That little voice in my mind that said "Screw you" to the people I hated. However, I felt more enlightened than sad. After a while of careful thought, I decided to stop the silliness and took the bag full of my RWBY stuff out of the cupboard. I stuck the posters back up on the walls, shoved my clothes back into my drawers, put my soundtrack album back next to my radio, stored the DVDs in my drawer, and finally, I placed my Pop Vinyl figures back onto my shelf, taking extra-special care with the figures more than anything else. I carefully brushed off the dust that had gathered on each of the figures of Team RWBY.

(Y/N): "Welcome back. Sorry for all that, I was going through a phase. I'm better now though."

As I was smiling warmly at the figure display I had put up, I noticed something else in the cupboard: the case with all my Phantom gear in it. After a few seconds of staring at it, I thought to myself "what the hell?" and opened the case. I traced my fingers along each of my swords' hilts and held them in my hand, only then remembering how heavy they were; they weren't too heavy but they had some weight to them nonetheless. Then, I picked up my Scroll and activated it. It felt odd to hold such a sophisticated piece of technology in my hands again but it also felt natural to me. I stumbled upon my Scroll's photo gallery and the first thing I saw made me feel... a little down. It was a photograph of Team Caliber... me, Ryan, Christine and Brady, along with Tooth... all gathered around the Tachyon, me using my Semblance to lift the camera so that we were all in the photo. I smiled and clicked onto the next picture; we were inside the Beacon Academy Dining Hall in our school uniforms. The next photo was taken in Forever Fall by Ryan, who I had asked to take pictures of the forest since I was sick that day. As I said before, never drinking again... although, sometimes I did break that promise. Next, I saw a photo of us in our camp in Mountain Glenn. Then, the next photo was of us standing outside the Amity Colosseum just as the Vytal Festival was about to start. I soon grew emotional from looking at the photos, smiling but holding back my built-up tears. The next file in my camera roll wasn't a photo but a video; I had accidentally left my Scroll recording after I had finished documenting my next diary entry. The phone was ringing and like always, Ryan answered.

Ryan: "Team Caliber residence. One moment, please. (Y/N), it's Ginger Orchid, the supermodel! She's in town and she says she wants to have wild passionate sex with you, absolutely no questions asked!"

(Y/N): "Really?!?!"

Ryan: "No, only joking."

I then heard the faint sniggers of Christine in the recording as she laughed at my gullibility but she was soon shut up by what Ryan said yet, even though he was still having a laugh.

Ryan: "She... wants to do it with me..."

(Y/N): "Oh, Ryan, how do you do it?"

Ryan: "... You sort of... get on top and wriggle about the place a bit."

(Y/N): "What? No foreplay?"

Ryan: "Nah, mate. Just the two of us."

I smiled in amusement as the recording ended. I then clicked on to the final file in my camera roll; a recording of all of us singing the acoustic version of Time to Say Goodbye, Christine taking the lead and all of us harmonising during the slow part, which started with the line "Were we born to fight and die?". I only just appreciated how good we sounded. I soon broke into full-fledged crying as I listened to the beautiful music and watched the holographic screen.