2. The right choice

'Until we meet again, Peter.' Lindsey greeted him, before hugging Felicia and David one last time. 'I will come back and visit you sometimes.' she promised them again. Peter noticed her eyes were glossy before she finally stepped out the door. 

'Adieu, Lindsey.' Peter said in a soft tone, his eyes brimming with tears as well. Lindsey had been a big help in the past year and with her, he had always been able to leave the kids with a carefree heart. Felicia and David were always very fond of her. Also, there were times where, late in the evening, they would talk about Leah and about the development of the kids and Peter knew he would miss those. 

He still vividly remembers that day when he came home last year and saw David, standing, holding Lindsey's hand, and when Peter squatted in front of him, he let go and walked towards his daddy, smiling happily, steps uneven as his tiny body tried really hard to maintain balance, but he was walking. He almost fell when he had almost reached his daddy, but Peter had caught him and hugged him, of course very emotionally. That day was still one of the most beautiful days in the past year, Dave walking for the first time, arms stretched out towards his dad.  It had moved Peter to tears which was actually not a rare occasion because, you know,

At the same time, it had saddened him that Leah wasn't there too see it, this big achievement of her son, even though she had only known him for a year, 21 months if you count the pregnancy. She would have been so proud.

He would also miss Lindsey's cooking. Even though she could never be as awesome of a cook as Leah was, she knew a wide variety of food and was definitely skilled. 

Thinking about this made him wonder about Robin's cooking. He had seemed pretty confident in his skills when Peter addressed him about it. 

When David had woken up that saturday, it had taken him some time to get used to Robin. That was normal, since David was usually shy around new people. However when he saw how Robin and Felicia got along, he got a bit jealous and ended up playing along with them. Peter had joined them too and there was a lot of laughter that afternoon. At the end of the afternoon, Peter and Robin had discussed the practical details like the wage, the times, contact information and important persons. Since Robin had only just moved into his apartment not far away from Peter's house he would travel back and forth each day instead of living with them, just like Lindsey did. 

At the end, Robin had admitted that he already loved the kids with glittering eyes and a happy smile. 

Robin seemed like a carefree person to Peter. Yes, he would probably have his issues and struggles like every normal person, but they didn't keep him from living his life. He had a bright personality, radiating youthful energy which felt refreshing, at the same time he seemed mature as well. While playing with the kids, he enjoyed it just as much as they did. Yet he was sad when they were sad. He was an empathic person with a young soul. Looking at him, Peter felt his mood lighten up a bit every time the boy showed his cheeky smile.

Yes, Robin was definitely the right choice. 

That's why, even when he saw the woman who had taken care of his kids walk away, his heart was still at ease. He was assured. 

____________________________________

So that was actually my shortest chapter, two pages, but I checked and it's gonna be 4 for real from now on lol

The fact that this is on top of my "to stream" playlist on Youtube means that it has been there for the longest period of time, and it deserves that.

Also can we just appreciate these girls? They look so gorgeous and are enjoying it so much UwU