Epilogue

Ten years later

"I'm so bored." Complained Ivy. "Isn't there anything entertaining to do in this dumb, stuffy library?"

"Your idea of fun is shooting venom at your friends." Replied Raven, poking her with his tail. His ears swept down, and he gave a frustrated glare at the scrolls in his arms.

"I shoot my venom at fruit and stuff that you guys throw in the air." The Rainwing snapped back. "It's not at you, it's at the fruit!"

"Whatever you're aiming at, it's not exactly fun for everybody." The dragonet said, sighing as he began stuffing scrolls back into the carefully carved slots before him. "Besides, you could be doing something else if you really wanted. You're the one who followed me in here. Actually, one of many."

Raven shot a look at the three dragonets behind him, besides Ivy, who froze, and pretended to do anything but stare at him.

"I'm the best venom spitter in my tribe. My mother taught me, after all." Ivy retorted, her frill and ears momentarily turning purple at the edges with pride. It looked startlingly reflective against her deep emerald scales.

"Your mom is possibly the most unpredictable, wild dragon in your tribe. I wouldn't be very surprised if she taught you as soon as you opened your eyes." Said Silversand dryly.

"Mamba is quite unpredictable." Topaz agreed, and shot a shy smile at Ivy, who snorted. "But that's good, sometimes." He added quickly. Ivy turned to the larger dragon beside him.

"Talk smack about my mother and you'll get whacked in the face, icebreath." Ivy said, threatening Silversand with her slender tail. The metallic green around her wings became violently shaded with red, and her underbelly became a pale yellow. The quick color change made Raven slightly dizzy.

"Try me, beetle." He countered, though despite the intensity of his gaze, his voice and stance was more playful than anything. Raven blinked and observed the hybrid- he was a bit easier to look at for the moment.

Silversand was a near perfect combination of his parents, manner-wise, and it baffled him every time Silversand spoke.

Though, of course, he actually wasn't their blood at all. He was the offspring of an unknown Sandwing and Icewing, who had left him at the mercy of the Scorpion Den. (Raven had his suspicions of his parentage, but that was for another time.)

Raven had heard stories about how bad it used to be. Even now, dragons seemed to have a hard time letting go of their old ways. Still, Seaglass and Snowfall had done well with their son despite the troubles he presented.

Raven's eyes trailed to Silversand's lack of wings as he thought this, and he immediately felt guilty. They were the source of most of the hybrids temper. Raven wished Silversand had been given better luck.

Raven knew him well, and he was certain Silversand wanted to at least know what it was like to fly through the clouds and the spray of the sea, but he was born without wings.

Silversand's sharp blue eyes suddenly darted to his. The jagged, pale blue frill that ran down his back raised like a sail. "Quit reading my mind!"

"I'm not!" Raven countered, feeling embarrassed. The silver scales in the corner of his rust colored eyes glinted strangely against his scales as he turned his head away. He looked like any other Nightwing, for the most part. Though Raven was not completely so. He was half Skywing. The only proof of this was the faint scatter of red scales down his forelegs. They appeared like embedded rubies(which he had to explain frequently to others that they indeed, were not).