Apollo

The gold dragon was bewildered, his eyes wide as Mimic shook the black dragon more awake.

"What is this?" He hissed, getting to his feet, teeth bared. Artemis sat nearby, her wings shivering and her eyes narrowed.

"Mimic." Snapped the Nightwing. "I swear to the Titans, if you don't get your filthy talons off me right now I'll-"

Mimic nonchalantly reached out with his talons, forcefully closing his mouth until the dragon flared his clipped wings in rage.

"Now, now, Scalebreaker. I'm sure you'd love to show off the meaning of your name, but it's simply not the time. I would think you'd be happier." He gestured out to Artemis and Apollo in their cell as the two dragonets were slowly approaching the silver bars, their blue eyes reflecting the moonlight in an eerie way.

"What's going on Apollo?" Artemis whispered to him, and the gold dragon just gave a frustrated sigh.

If only he could-

The black Nightwing suddenly widened his hazel eyes in surprise, lurching forward with Mimic's talons still around his snout. He gave a muffled hiss and the Magicwing smirked. Mimic slowly let him go, letting his talons drag across the side of his face in the process.

The dragon stumbled to the bars with bound talons, small beads of blood glinting on his cheek and the stars under his wings glinting eerily. His gaze was a mixture of all colors all at the same time, everything else was pitch black.

"Pardon?" Was all Apollo could say.

"I..I don't understand." Said Scalebreaker, as Apollo now knew he was called, as he turned to Mimic, his eyes blazing.

"I figured I'd be a kind soul today, and let you finally meet your children, whom you talk of constantly, by the way."

Apollo suddenly felt very nauseous.

Scalebreaker turned back to them.

"Is it really...?"

"No." Said Artemis suddenly, getting to her feet and standing next to Apollo, her tail flicking. "No, it's not. This guy is crazy. We already have families."

"Exactly." Apollo urged, his hostile gaze turned on Scalebreaker.

Scalebreaker squinted at them, pressing his talons to the bars. Apollo could see the scores of missing scales up his forearms from years of friction from chains.

"That necklace." Scalebreaker murmured. "Even in its second stage I'd recognize it anywhere." He looked hopefully at Artemis. "Where in the world did you get it?"

The other Nightwing simply held a talon to her chest, covering the glittering oval protectively.

"I've had it for as long as I can remember." She answered slowly, watching as Scalebreaker slumped against the bars.

"You said you had families..?"

"My mother, father, and two sisters." Artemis said cooly. "Apollo has his Daywing mother."

Scalebreaker gripped the silver in despair. "Nightwing or not, only one dragon had eyes such as yours. And that was her."

"Her?" Apollo asked.

"Nightflier." Scalebreaker responded, and they both stopped in surprise when Artemis breathed in sharply and stumbled back a bit.

"What, what is it?" Apollo said, gently touching her shoulder.

"I've heard that name somewhere before." She grimaced in the direction of Scalebreaker. "I believe it was Solar who-"

"Solar?" Scalebreaker cried. A look of unimaginable rage crossed his face as he looked from Apollo to Artemis, and back again. He was gripping the silver bars with a scary strength.