Flare

"Geode, sir, who are we waiting for?" The Skywing asks, glittering a vibrant ruby as the sun hit his scales. He sat beside the hybrid, squinting rust eyes at the horizon.

"Allies, who are very important in this war." He said simply, tilting his large head down at Flare.

Flare took this answer as the best he'd get, and continued to stare out at the glowing gold line. The sharp breeze of wings suddenly startled him, and he turned to face two grinning dragons.

One was a Daywing commoner, her scales being a dark azure, with flecks of paler blue like a nearly cloudless sky. She had vibrant green eyes, and her crown of horns was an opalescent white.

Flare nodded at her, and Danger returned the gesture, tugging at the necklace of teeth hanging around her neck. The second was a Magicwing, one he recognized as a good friend of Seaglass's, Silverfeather.

Silverfeather's wings were dusted with luminous silver scales, and her eyes held flecks of the same color. She had black horns, and pale lavender scales that were laced with scars.

"We come to greet the allies." Silverfeather said in a thick accent, Danger lifting her head a little. Flare spread his wing at the ledge that they rested on, and the older dragonesses just shrugging and approaching.

"So." Flare asked Danger. "Do you know them?"

Danger ignored him, though, her eyes glued on the gold sky much like Geode's.

"They're childhood friends of Danger's, the two. From before she joined us." Silverfeather looked at Danger, and how concentrated she was, like staring would make them fly faster. "Practically her closest friends."

"They are." Danger said fiercely, arching her brow over at Silverfeather.

Suddenly, two dark dots appeared on the horizion, gradually growing closer. Danger shouted and threw open her wings, launching herself into the air.

Surprised, Flare looked at Geode and Silverfeather. Geode appeared happy. Danger clearly was like a daughter to him. He wondered if he ever actually had dragonets, and if so, what happened to them.

He glanced back at the now visible dragons, three Daywings gliding wing to wing, Danger was at the left of a darker dragon, delighted. Geode stepped back as they landed, Flare getting a clearer look at who they were.

A Daywing unlike any color he'd ever seen stood in the middle of them. He had warm brown eyes, and an earring with a gold sun. His scales were a mixture of red, pink, yellow, orange and gold. Like a sunrise or a sunset. Dark gold horns surrounded his head like a crown, and as he grinned at Geode there was a flash of a missing tooth.

Surprising Flare even more, the middle Daywing embraced Geode, the two exchanging quick hellos before sitting back. Geode flicked his tail at the second new Daywing.

He was a pale yellow and had white opalescent horns, and a silver choker with a single blue gemstone was around his neck. He was covered in various scars, the mosy visible twisted down the right side of his underbelly. Both couldn't have been more than 17.

Flare stiffened when turquoise eyes glared at him, but he couldn't help but be awed by the allies.

"Never seen one of these before." The pale yellow one said, nudging the middle dragon with his tail. Geode raised his head, a few of the lines of stress under his eyes dissipating.

"Archangel, Daybreak, this is one of my newest recruits, Prince Flare of the Skywings."

"Fellow royalty." Said Daybreak, raising his wings a little. "Great."