Seaglass

Seaglass had found it cruely ironic his last breath would be full of seawater.

But that's when the tiny dragons came, and brought him to their home deep beneath the waves. There they healed him until he was strong enough to swim. After saying his thanks, he had left, with directions to a nearby island. He was told there was a group of dragons that would take him in.

Indeed they had, the Desert Rogues welcomed him with open wings, especially once they learned his tale. Now here he was, in front of his six friends again. They were all staring in fascination, but also horror at the Seawing. He wasn't surprised. Seaglass..had to go through some changes. Tempest was the first one to try and approach him, holding out her talons with a hopeful look on her face. Seaglass met her there and hugged her gently, aware of the chattering creature comfortably sitting on his neck.

Tempest cast a surprised gaze down on said creature, recoiling when she hissed.

"Kymopolia." Seaglass said sternly, turning his gaze down on the pink salamander like figure. "Seriously, knock it off or I'm letting Silver deal with you."

The pink creature chattered indignantly and Seaglass rolled his eyes.

"So..who's your little friend?" Mamba said awkwardly.

"This is Kym, a Reefwing-" he paused once he saw the looks on their faces. "-long story, I'll tell you later."

"Y-you're alive?" Snowfall whispered. "But.." The Icewing's gaze traveled to the Seawings pale bandaged torso and torn webbing, then back up to his face. One ear was so raggedly cut it looked like one half would fall off, and a twisted black scar shot up the left side of his cheek. Seaglass had also abandoned all his jewelry, except for a stone in the shape of a tooth that hung from one of his horns. And Snowfall knew why his bronze treasures were no longer there. "The lightning.." He guessed, and the Seawing nodded and gave him a small, pained smile.

"I can't believe you're here." Mamba said, wiping a tear from her face. "W-we were beginning to lose hope.." Seaglass spread his wings and held out his arms for another hug, which all five of them obliged to. But Artemis still stood.

"Artemis?" Mudpuddle called.

Seaglass looked up, and found Flare still locked in a gaze with Artemis. "Flare? Dude, seriously, what's up?"

Flare took a step forward, and Artemis took one back. "Artemis?" The Skywing asked timidly. She nods, slowly, her face still full of disbelief. But Flare looked so happy he might burst. "I knew I'd find you." He laughed. "I tried Jade Mountain, but of course, you weren't there."

"Flare- I-"

"It's a pleasure to meet you." The prince took her talons in his own, oblivious to the staring eyes all around him.

"It's nice to meet you, too." The Nightwing said softly, and smiled.

"Well this is great." Seaglass cheered. "Two reunions in one day." He grinned up at Snowfall, noticing the relief in his eyes. "I missed you guys."

"You could say the same for all of us." Mamba hugged him tighter, nearly choking him, but Seaglass didn't want to ruin the moment. The friends just sat there in comfortable silence, but they all eventually moved away.

Kymopolia chirped something at Seaglass before settling in her usual place, wrapping her long tail around one of the bandaged parts of his fin.

"Hello!" Tempest said happily, looking at the little Reefwing in awe. "How did you get her?" She asked Seaglass. "I've never seen one of these before."

Kymopolia chattered furiously and squeaked at Tempest, and Seaglass burst out laughing.

"Ive got to say, never heard that insult before." He grinned at Kymopolia. "She's my companion." He explained to the others. "When she and a couple of her friends healed me, she decided to tag along on my journey."

"So she's a pet?" Potent asks.

"No no." Seaglass answers immediately. "Kym is just as much a dragon as we are."

Kymopolia clicked in agreement.

"So let me get this straight." Artemis suddenly says. "You never really died?"

Seaglass let out a long sigh. "I myself don't know quite exactly what happened or why I'm still here." He looked down at Kymopolia. "But I do know one thing, I owe the Reefwings for saving my life."

The tiny Reefwing chirped and stood on her hind legs, patting Seaglass's snout affectionately.

"You guys know each other?" Apollo asks, making Seaglass jump. He forgot that guy was here. "Cool."

"Yeah." Flare smiles at Artemis again, and she returns it.

"While nothing makes me happier than seeing old friends reunite." Geode says. "I'm afraid us rogues have some work to do."

"Right." Seaglass squares his shoulders, looking at Flare and Apollo expectantly.

"So what are we doing today?" Apollo asks. "Searching for more survivors, scanning the desert, heading to the mainlands?" He rubbed his talons together. "I'm itching to see what I can snatch from the trading stalls this time."

Seaglass saw Mamba arch her brows. She didn't know he was a thief? Hm. He thought the ridiculous mask would be a dead give away.

"Actually," Geode says. "Yes, Apollo. You, Ember and Quartz are heading to the mainlands. Make sure to be back by sundown."

The gold dragon pumped a fist in the air.

"Seaglass." The old hybrid looked at him. "Show your friends around their new home? I'm sure you'd like to catch up as well."

"Of course, sir." Seaglass couldn't help but grin.

"And Flare, go out with a hunting party to the forests."

"Who am I traveling with?"

Geode chuckled. "You choose. As long as you bring Danger, no more than five."

"Yes sir." Flare nods, finally letting go of Artemis's talons.

Seaglass pauses, a sudden idea coming to him. He quietly breaks away from the group and approaches Geode, asking him in a soft whisper. The hybrid seems surprised at first, but gradually nods like he supported the idea.

"I don't see why not." Geode smiled, seeing the joy light up on the Seawings face. "It is a special occasion after all." He winked and tilted his head in Flare's direction. "Make that at least eight dragons."

The Skywing smiled and nodded again.

"Come on, guys!" Seaglass exclaims. "I have so much to show you."