Snowfall

Once again, to everybody's dismay, it was raining.

"This is getting extremely annoying." Potent groans, beating his waterlogged wings with a huff of smoke as they rose above the Crystalwing peaks. "I'm going to burn the next raindrop that lands on my nose."

Snowfall just rolls his eyes, secretly agreeing with the Sandwing. He'd had enough of the rain. "The storm probably passed over our island and came here. We have been gone for a few days anyway."

"It still doesn't give the clouds an excuse to rain." Potent glares at the rolling grey figures above them,

Snowfall chuckles, gliding over to give him a playful swat. "Quit complaining. At least its a light rain and there's no lightning. It'll let up soon."

Potent arches a brow at the unlikely gesture from the Icewing. Well paint him blue and call him a Seawing. Snowfall was actually smiling. Like, REAL 'this day is great!' smiling.

Indeed he was. Snowfall couldn't make his happy thoughts go away. The earlier occurance replaying in his mind until that was all he thought about. The surprise of seeing honest worry on the Seawing's face. Seaglass's green eyes were like emeralds, and he was struck on how beautiful those eyes really were.

They had talked, like they had back in the Rainforest. True, heart to heart conversations. They talked about their life, themselves. It wasn't until now did Snowfall realize he was rapidly falling.

No. Not from the sky, but for a certain Seawing.

He was falling for Seaglass.

It seemed so impossible, yet he couldn't deny it. For nearly a month, he's had that Seawing right by his side. He's teased, been teased by, argued, been snapped back at. Somehow they've been still best friends. Sure, the others though they just had a bickering session here and there, but they didn't know how Snowfall truly felt. What snapped him from his thoughts is the tidal wave of regret and disgust he had for himself.

"If I told him- if he found out-." He closed his dark eyes to wince. No, he couldn't think of that. It'd break him if he did. Shaking his head, he soared up alongside Artemis. "Hey, Nightwing." He called, making Artemis jerk her head up in surprise to look at him.

"Remember what Amethyst said?" He asked, watching as Artemis gave a solemn nod. "So, how exactly will we avoid the Lightningwings, then? She said it herself, we'll pass right over."

Artemis sighed and absentmindedly twirled her necklace with her talons. "I was thinking we could fly over the ocean instead."

She caught the anguished look Tempest gave her and laughed softly. "It will take longer, yes, but it's the safer route. We'll just stick close enough to the island to still see it, and head back to the land before setting off again."

Snowfall let a hint of admiration grace his features before his smile slacked back into a neutral expression. "Not a bad idea." He nods.

"Yeah!" Seaglass agrees, winging back to glide beside Artemis as he grinned over at Snowfall. "I've been wanting to check out the waters here anyway."

His green eyes glimmered in the stormy grey light, making then seem metallic.

"Focus, Snowfall."

"Alright." Mamba grudgingly agreed, although bubbles of displeasure drifted through her scarlet wings.

"Sounds good to me. As long as we stick together." Mudpuddle smiles.