Flare

Flare nervously fiddled with the band of blood red flowers around his wrists, waiting for the arrival of the rest of the dragonets. When Potent had come to get Snowfall and Apollo, he refused to stay behind for he knew something was definitely up. Now he was watching one of Seaglass's friends clutching her head and being comforted by Geode.

Finally, Potent flew through the entrance of the grotto, followed by Artemis and Mamba. His heart skipped a beat when he noticed the crown of flowers around the Nightwing's horns, which illuminated her face, pointing out every smooth scale and making the diamonds under her eyes sparkle.

"Finally." Mudpuddle says, interrupting his thoughts. She proceeded to walk up to Mamba and Artemis as they made their way to their friends.

"Tempest?" Mamba asks, her scales swirling different colors. "Are you alright? What did you see?"

Tempest, that's her name. Okay. She looked up from the shelter of Geode's wing, wincing like the light hurt her violet eyes. She struggled to her feet, wobbling just slightly.

"They just keep coming..." Snowfall explains, giving his friend a concerned look.

"What do you mean?" Artemis looks at him, furrowing her brows.

"She's had about two of those visions since I've got here." Flare adds, snorting a curl of smoke from his nose.

"Can you explain what the first one was, or do you need me to?" Mudpuddle asks Tempest, who shakes her head and takes a deep breath.

"The first one." Tempest tells them. "Solar, she somehow found the hidden entrance to the Crystal Kingdom. H-half of Zap's army end up ambushing it." Her eyes tear. "They show no mercy. They kill the dragonets, they kill Diamond and her children. They destroy the mines-" she cringes again.

Flare, who is currently leaning against the wall and listening, tenses in case he has to catch her if she stumbles.

"The second one." She shakes her head. "Half of Solar's army is sent to a place with lots of volcanos, I don't know where that is-"

"The Molten Kingdom." Says Apollo, interrupting her.

"They kill the queen and her kids there, too." Tempest says sadly. Her tense wings loosen up, so perhaps the visions are over. "The last one, for some reason Solar, Zap, and this other queen, Zap called her Angler, are on their way to the Magic Kingdom with the rest of their armies."

Geode sighs deeply, and Apollo gives him a look like they're sharing a silent communication.

"They're picking off the tribes one by one." Flare states. "Before we know it Solar will kill her allies and have control over the Twin Islands."

"How soon do we know this is going to happen?" Seaglass asks. "Tempest, is there anything from the surroundings that we could use to let us have an idea?"

"The sky was really weird. " she explains. "There was only one moon, but it was huge and oddly colored."

"The eclipse!" Apollo practically yells. When the others give him a strange look he sounds an exasperated groan. "There's an eclipse coming up in exactly one week."

"How are we supposed to stop all that from happening in just one week?" Mamba looks at Geode, the color of anticipation rising up her wings.

"We have to warn the queens." He glances down at the toadstools at his feet and sighs. "Apollo?"

The gold dragon stands up straighter, determination flashing in his eyes.

"You and Artemis will go and see Shade in the Magicwing kingdom. Let her know of the danger. "

"Yes, sir." Apollo nods.

"Seaglass and Snowfall, warn Bat in the Stone kingdom."

The Seawing glanced at the blue dragon, who blushed and nodded his understanding.

"Potent and Tempest, warn Volcano in the Molten kingdom."

"And me and Mudpuddle cover the Crystal Kingdom." Mamba chirps, elbowing the Mudwing and beaming.

Geode returned the smile with a tired one of his own. "Exactly."

Well. Flare was a little disappointed for not being able to go and not being able to go with Artemis. He tapped his talons on the floor and glanced at the hybrid. "And me, sir?"

"You, young Skywing, have a very important job. You are going to help me prepare the rogues for war."

~~~~~~~~

I know it's a short chapter, but don't worry, the others will be much longer! OoOo were coming up to the end of the book..