Part 9

There will be slight "Drarry" (Draries?) in this chapter. Just a tester to see if you like it!

3rd Person POV

On the morning of July 31st, Aries woke up at 7am and just laid there, staring up at the ceiling. He was thinking about the birthday party Tom had planned for him and that he had no hand in planning it. 

He also thought about where he is. Laying in his lavish bedroom at Riddle Manor. This is what it has come to? Him looking forward to a party thrown by Voldemort?

Aries shook his head vehemently. He went through this already. There's no way out of this situation. He just has to play nice for two years then he's out of there.

Aries figured there was no way getting around it and he got up to get ready for the day. Dressed in simple pants, a shirt and light robes, he goes down to the dining room where Tom was already waiting for him.

With a nervous half smile, Tom said "Happy birthday Aries." Aries gave a half smile and said "Thank you".

The elves popped in with breakfast and Aries received a very special birthday breakfast. Pancakes with a smiley face, bacon, eggs and a large glass of pumpkin juice. Thanking the elves quietly, Aries ate his food while Tom ate his own.

Tom said "Aries. At 2pm, guests will begin arriving for your party. Until then, you may do whatever you please. I know that the Quidditch Pitch hasn't really been touched. Also..... if you would like, I have a few birthday presents for you."

Tom floated three packages towards them. A smaller one, a very large box and a very long package that looked suspiciously like a broomstick. He opened the smaller one first. It was another necklace with a pendant. Tom said "This pendant will protect you against any and all harmful spells, even the killing curse. It belonged to Salazar Slytherin, our ancestor. I want you to have it, for protection."

Aries looked at Tom with shock written all over his face. Tom had given him the gift of ultimate protection, something Dumbledore never thought to give him. To think, if he had been given something like that previously, he wouldn't even be in this mess.

Nonetheless, Aries thanked his new father sincerely. Their first breakthrough since the adoption. Aries set to open the long package and his suspicious turned out to be correct! He received the brand new Nimbus 2003!

Aries finally set out to open the last box and It contained two sets of very expensive looking dress robes. They were both Slytherin green and black with a forest green trimming. They were very different through. One looked to be for special occasions only while the other one looked to be one you would wear to a fancy birthday.

Smiling broadly, Aries thanked Tom again and set out to the Quidditch pitch where practiced "catch the snitch" for a few hours. At 12 pm, Flipsy popped out onto the field and summoned Aries down where she fed him a "snack". This snack was fruit, crackers, juice, gelatin, various berries and a few carrot sticks. She then sent him to his room to shower and dress for the party.

He wore what Flipsy laid out for him. A light summer robe over trousers and a short sleeved button up shirt. As soon as he finished dressing, Flipsy informed him that the guests were beginning to arrive.

Taking a deep breath, Aries exited his bedroom and walked into the floo room where Tom was already dressed and waiting. Just as Flipsy said, people were popping out of the floo, people be barely recognized from school and their parents.

People greeted Tom and Aries like they were long-time friends. Others greeted them with un-ease clear on their faces. Finally, people he recognized began to arrive, actual friends of his! Aries slowly started to become excited as his friends greeted him merrily!