Part 8

3rd Person POV

The summer days went by where Aries strutted around the Manor with Draco in tow and Tom spent time at the ministry as well as with Aries. Well, that's not entirely true because the boy hardly spoke to him outside of pleasantries.

The end of July approached and Tom knew that his son's birthday was nearby. He also knew that he needed to learn how to bond with the boy. Soon enough, he would be returning to Hogwarts and his attempts to bond would be futile.

Tom stood outside of Aries' room door and fiddled his hands nervously; something the Dark Lord thought he would never succumb to. The room door opened to reveal the 5'10" inch teenager with a scowl on his face. 

Aries knew he said he would play nice, but that didn't mean he would be pleasant all the time, if that even makes sense. All he knew was, he would stay and stop fighting, so much. 

Tom cleared his throat and, in what he thought was a strong voice, said "Aries, I wish for you and I to spend the day together. We should get to know each other." Aries, leaning on the doorframe, looked at Tom and simply said "Fine."

Tom blinked in surprise as Aries walked to the floo and asked "Where to?"

Quickly gaining his bearings, Tom quickly answered "Diagon Alley." It was now Tom's turn to be out of his depth. Did he really think he could spend the day with a teenager? He hasn't truly been around youth since his own youth. 

The two popped out on the other side and simply walked side by side, deciding on where to go. Tom asked "So what do you and your friends do for fun?"

Aries didn't give a very surprising answer. "We usually studied, played Wizard's chess, or made some plan to investigate whatever was happening in the castle."

Tom actually chuckled and said "Of course you would get into mischief." Then he said "Aries you are turning 15 years old in the next week and since you are now residing in the manor, I was wondering if you would like to have a birthday party?"

Aries then did the most teenage thing. He stared up at Tom with his mouth agape. He asked "A party at Riddle manor?"

Tom simply said "Yes. We could make plans right here in Diagon if you would like."

Aries said "Well I really would like to think about this first."

Tom understood this and did not push the boy. They spent the next two hours strolling around the wizarding community and making small talk. 

Aries was surprised to find the normalcy in something that seems so abnormal. A pleasant afternoon with Voldemort? Practically unheard of. Nonetheless they spent time learning a little more about themselves and for just one moment, Aries forgot himself and who he was talking to and actually allowed himself to enjoy it. 

Aries had to convince himself that it was just a fluke! A one time thing! He was not getting comfortable with the man. No way! 

Tom talked about his childhood and Aries basically got a proper look into why Tom is the way that he is. 

At the end of the afternoon, Aries decided to have the suggested birthday party. Who knows, it might even be fun. 

Aries even took up Tom's offer of help. Aries only had to give a list of names of who he wanted to invite. The rest was up to Tom. Did the man really know enough about the boy to throw a party that he would enjoy? Then he realized that this is what the entire afternoon was about, Tom trying to get to know him, bond with him. 

Smirking to himself, Aries spoke to Tom. "I really enjoy spending time with my friends. More specifically Ron and Hermione. I like being with the half bloods and the muggle borns. I feel like......they get me. You know?"

And right then, Aries felt sick pleasure at seeing the emotions fly across Tom's face. Aries knows that Tom is really trying to change his ways, but this was way too funny! 

Tom's face flushed a small bit and he sputtered out a small "Alright. If that's what you want." Aries had to admire the self control Voldemort was displaying. 

In this time, Tom and Aries returned to the manor and they retreated to their separate rooms; Tom to plan the party and Aries to ponder the afternoon. They spent the past couple hours is pleasant conversation and neither of them felt discomfort, that he knew of. 

Is this it? Is he getting used to being with the man that killed his parents? Aries knew that he would have to speak to his best friends about this. 

He pulled out the three way parchment and started a conversation. 

A- Aries R- Ron H-Hermione 

A- Ron? Hermione? Are you there? 

H- I'm here Aries 

R- Right here mate! 

A- Guys, I just spent the afternoon with Voldemort and........it was kind of pleasant. We talked about things and it was nice. 

R- Blimey mate. That's weird. 

H- Don't be upset. This is a good thing, You finally have a caring adult in your life; even if he doesn't have a good past. 

R- she's right. We already know that there's no way out of this so, you might as well enjoy the perks. 

A- You guys are right thanks for that. By the way, you might be receiving invitations to my birthday party next week. 

R- He's throwing you a party!? 

A- Yes Ron. He's even planning the whole thing! 

The trio then launched into a conversation about the party. 

Aries couldn't help but feel excited about what was to come. 

AN:

Hello my loyal readers! I know that I am horrible and don't update often, but thank you for sticking by me through it all! Thank you for the reads and all the comments. I APPRECIATE YOU!!!!!!!! I know this chapter wasn't all that good but it was a transition into a hopefully better chapter! 

As always, please let me know what you think!!!!!