Chapter 26 : I absolutely regret telling him I was ticklish

I'm really sorry this chapter is so late, my life has been a whirlwind recently with mock exams and concerts and everything else. This chapter is quite emotional, you have been warned! I hope to have finished this book by Christmas *fingers crossed* (so I can write the spin off before real exams start!) and I'd say there is about 4 more chapters left and an epilogue.
Hope you enjoy this very late chapter.
Zoe.

Chapter 26 : I absolutely regret telling him I was ticklish.

"I'm picking you up tonight at 7, okay?"

"What for?" I asked Hayden, confused.

"A party," he replied.

"For who?" I asked.

"What is this, interrogation central?" Hayden laughed, "one of the cheerleaders is holding a party."

I groaned, "they won't want me there."

"Yes but I want you there," Hayden smiled at me.

I looked at him sternly and he just laughed.

"If you don't want to go, I can take you somewhere else, you name it and I'll take you there," he offered. I instantly felt bad because he obviously wanted to go to this party and my silly little fear of the girls who were out to get me shouldn't stop him.

"No, it's fine, I'll go," I said.

"Are you sure?"

"Sure, sure, surety sure," I told Hayden's concerned face, causing a grin to spread across his face.

"You're so weird," he laughed.

"Yeah but you love me," I teased.

"Always," he murmured, pulling me close to him and kissing the top of my head. I snuggled further into him, enjoying the feeling of his arms around me.

---------------------

"One less problem without ya
I got one less problem without ya
I got one less, one less problem," I sang to my hair as I contemplated cutting it off.

Again.

It just had a particular talent of doing exactly the opposite of what I wanted it to do. I cringed as I pulled the brush through it and I bounced straight back up again. Sighing, I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out my straighteners.

I heard a chuckle behind me and turned to find Hayden leaning on my door frame.

"Why are you early?" I asked.

"What are you doing?" Hayden replied, raising one of his eyebrows.

"You can't answer a question with a question."

"I can, my name is Hayden Brody Jackson," he told me, puffing his chest out like a little boy trying to look bigger than they actually were. I'd seen Hayden's little brother do it plenty of times.

Bless.

"Cute, babe."

Hayden's face went from proud to appalled within a second and he stalked over to me, towering over me as I ran the straighteners through my hair.

"Did you just call me cute?" he asked, I laughed.

"Yeah, have you got a problem with that, cutie?"

Hayden gasped.

"As a matter of fact I do, I don't like people lying about me, I'm not cute, I'm sexy, hot and the strongest of the strong."