the aftermath

» the aftermath «

» the aftermath «

SCOUT PAXTON'S EYES FLUTTERED OPEN.

She was met with a blinding white light, and she had to squint as her vision became adjusted. She felt her body pressed against a cool, hard surface, and she pushed herself to sit straight up, gaining a view of what was surrounding her.

It was a familiar setting, and she stood up to gain a better look. The leather seats, the metal railing, the water resistant flooring; it was the boat the Paxton family boarded the fateful day of June fourteenth.

However, everything was completely white. The cushions, the ground, the paneling. The sky was white as well, the only color being the water that the boat was sailing on. It shone a bright, blue hue, the waves brushing up against the side of the boat.

Scout looked down. She was barefoot, wearing a loose white tee shirt and white sweatpants. She looked at her hands, only to be met with perfectly unscathed skin. She wasn't sore or in pain, and so she lifted her shirt to see what was underneath as well. Her body was in perfect condition, except for one large scar that stretched across her stomach.

She let go of her shirt and let it a confused breath, tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. She carefully walked to the edge of the boat, staring off into the horizon to try and find anything, but there was nothing but bright light. She looked down into the water, feeling a magnetic pulse the closer she got to it.

Complete silence had filled the air, but then was suddenly broken with the whisper of one unknown voice over head, Scout's head peeking up when she heard it say:

"Welcome back, Electric Siren."