dynamic duo

» dynamic duo «

» dynamic duo «

SCOUT PAXTON HAD SUCCESSFULLY BUILT THE MOUNT EVEREST OF CLOTHES IN HER ROOM THE NEXT DAY. Peter Parker had texted her, saying he would be at her place at seven, resulting in a brief argument due to the fact that Scout thought it made more sense for her to meet him at his apartment so he wouldn't have to take two trains and waste money, to which he replied saying that it wasn't money wasted if it was for her. Knowing she couldn't persuade him out of being a gentleman, she decided to turn her attention to what she was going to wear, which was a task as difficult as fighting criminals.

Scout had ultimately decided to FaceTime Gwen, desperately needing a not-exactly-professional-but-pretty-much-professional opinion. Of course, Scout had to explain the situation at hand, and Gwen had absolutely lost it, shouting and squealing like only Gwen to do. She had insisted that it was a date with Peter, but Scout denied, not being so sure what exactly it was. After the initial excitement had worn off, her fashionista of a best friend suggested a more casual look of a fitted tee shirt and jeans, and Scout listened.

When Charlotte had found out Scout was going to dinner with a boy, her reaction was even more dramatic than Gwen's. She threw a pillow at her, tackled her, and then asked if she could do her makeup. Scout declined, but the rest of the day Charlotte asked her countless questions about Peter, what he looked like, how his voice sounded, what he ate for breakfast in the morning. Scout tried to be annoyed by her little sister, but internally, she was probably just as excited as her sister was acting.

The nerves didn't come until six thirty, and when they hit, they hit hard. She paced around her room, reevaluating herself in the mirror over and over. She liked her clothes, but she was unsure about her makeup, which was the same as she wore daily. Gwen had assured her it looked good, but Scout wasn't an expert. Overall, she looked like she did every other day, but it seemed more important to her this day. She knew Peter was polite and never judged, but she was self conscious.

She looked over at her phone sitting on her desk, grabbing it and turning off the police radar it held. A few months back, she had taken a chip from a radar she found on the ground and hooked it up inside her phone, she would get alerts on where crimes were. But she shut it off tonight, wanting to just be Scout for the evening.