wherever you are

» wherever you are «

SCOUT PAXTON HAD NEVER FELT SMALL UNTIL SHE REALIZED SHE WAS CARRYING AN IMMENSE POWER IN HER BODY, A POWER THAT WOULD ULTIMATELY LEAD TO EITHER LIFE OR DEATH. Every thing she had experienced, every fight she'd fought, and every truth she'd learned about herself and the world around her had lead up to this moment. Suddenly, everything seemed insignificant, all the things she used to spend time stressing over easily slipped away as she was faced with the reality that she might never return home.

With the stars and the cosmos surrounding her, she felt helpless compared to what the universe held in store. Her body still felt weakened after the intense torture she'd gone through, and although Scout didn't know it, the Space Stone's power was eating away at her soul. It's power was awakening, and her body wasn't used to the true strength it possessed. What she didn't know was that the closer she got to the stone itself, the more capable she'd become. But, the longer the stone remained in the wrong hands, the more it tore Scout apart.

Scout never would have imagined herself in such circumstances. She was fighting aliens alongside other heroes, soaring through the galaxy in a foreign ship, trying to contain a power she didn't even know she had. She had never asked for the stone to root part of its energy inside of her, and inevitably, it gave her a role of responsibility within the universe. She was more than scared, she was terrified of what was to come.

It was the fight that could break the Electric Siren.

Scout was seated on the cold floor of the ship as she thought about this, her back leaning against the wall behind her for support. Tony and Dr. Strange had slipped away to go explore the ship, but Scout had a feeling they wanted to talk about how much danger she was in without her knowing. They both knew that the last thing they needed was Scout freezing up in fear.

Peter sat right next to the girl, her head on his shoulder and his hand resting on her leg. They'd sat there in silence for a while, Peter holding onto the girl while she shut her eyes and let her body rest. He sighed as he looked over her, frowning at how bruised she seemed. Her tear stains on her cheeks were starting to fade, but her veins were still present under her skin, a mix of either a faint blue or dark grey. The slash in her suit and cut in her arm was now filled with dried blood, and her chest gently rose and fell with small breaths.