caught in the crossfire

» caught in the crossfire «

FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT DAY, SCOUT PAXTON FELT LIKE SHE COULD FINALLY BREATHE, AND SHE LET OUT A SIGH OF RELIEF AS SHE STARED INTO THE EYES OF STEVE ROGERS. Her eyes were wide and heavy breaths escaped her lungs, for she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Her heart was still beating rapidly from the fight she had just taken place in, the near death that she barely escaped, and she thought it almost seemed wrong for her to be sitting there while the others were still on Titan.

Either way, Scout became relieved, and she pushed herself off of the ground, not even bothering to take in her surroundings as she ran towards Steve. They met each other with open arms, and she clung onto him and closed her eyes, feeling safe. He felt like an older brother to her, and Steve thought of her as a sister, and the two hadn't been sure when they would see each other next. Despite the burdening season they were both caught in, and even though the world seemed to be ending, they were overjoyed to see each other.

They hugged for a prolonged, sweet moment. Scout wanted to cry, but all her tears had already run out. Her heart was wrestling with both sorrow and happiness, and she pulled away from Steve, her lip quivering as he held onto her shoulders; it was clear that something terrible was happening with Scout, and he needed to know what was going on. He knew she wouldn't just teleport to Wakanda just for the hell of it.

Before he could ask anything, her gaze shifted to the next person in her line of vision, and her eyes lit up once more. She ran over to Bucky, hugging him as well, feeling like a small child. Bucky was initially surprised, for he hadn't realized Scout felt so fondly of him, but he smiled, wrapping his arms around the young girl who had done so much for him.

After a few seconds, Scout stood back and looked at both Steve and Bucky, opening her mouth and spitting out words a mile a minute. "Thanos, he's coming and I barely escaped, he's after the Stones, the others are still trapped there—"