friday night lights

» friday night lights «

IT WAS A WEEK OF PURE HELL FOR PETER PARKER. He spent the time at home, taking Scout's words to heart. The girl had originally left him alone, knowing that most of the time that's what people wanted. But Peter had called her, asking if she wanted to come over and watch Star Wars with him and Aunt May, to which she said yes. That one movie night turned into her coming over every afternoon to watch the next movie in the franchise, which not only helped distract Peter, but made him realize how much more he liked Scout.

Once he'd felt cheered up enough, he put on his Spider-Man suit and returned to his nightly routine, much more disheartened than usual, but taking up his role nonetheless. He'd run into El one night, and she had expressed that she was glad to see him.

Trying his best to not seem like Peter, he told El how he felt about the murder. He knew that it may not have been Peter's fault, but he still felt that as Spider-Man, he still had something to do with it. El told him that no matter how hard you tried, you couldn't save everybody. If you could, there'd be no use for heroes. You have to accept that people might die on your watch, but that should motivate you to do even better next time.

All Peter could remember were his Uncle Ben's words, telling him one night that with great power comes great responsibility.

Peter discovered that his new responsibility was to save as many people as he could, because he had a gift that he had to use. Not just for his own morality, but for Uncle Ben.

Scout and Peter sat in the bakery, trying desperately to drown out the noise surrounding them. It was a particularly busy day for the shop. Perhaps it was the new blueberry pies Nani had added to the menu. The pair were trying to finish up the conclusion to their essay so they could begin on the visual aid, the deadline for their project was fast approaching.