65 If It Weren't For You

"This is my adopted sister, Sasithorn." Chantara introduced happily.

Bao Ling didn't buy it as he gazed at the girl before him. He wasn't going to believe that the girl was not Wu Xingxie. No matter what form she was in, he'd recognize her in an instant.

"That's strange. I know someone who happens to look exactly like her." Bao Ling replied in a monotone tone as he turned to Chantara.

Chantara acted shock,
"Really?"

Wu Xingxie looked at the masked man with a neutral expression.

He knows someone who looks like me?
How odd, that man earlier mistook me for someone else as well.

Could it be? They both knew me before I lost my memories?

Wu Xingxie shook her thoughts away and performed a wai to greet the man.

Chantara had taught her a few basic Thai greetings as well as how to call him so she caught up very fast.

Since he told her not to talk, she simply smiled before retreating behind Chantara.

"Anyways, I came like you asked so what do you need me for?" Chantara asked as he paced around the hall.

There were only three of them but Wu Xingxie felt out of place.

Bao Ling had been staring at Wu Xingxie for so long that he didn't hear Chantara's question.

"Are you listening to me?" Chantara waved his hand in front of his face.

Bao Ling stopped staring and looked at Chantara.

In a low voice so that Wu Xingxie couldn't hear them, he said to Chantara,

"How come she is with you?"

Chantara ignored his question and smiled ear to ear. He was aware that Bao Ling knew the real identity of the girl, but he didn't want her to recover her memories at all.

When Chantara found her, he felt pity for the girl so he tried go wake her up to ask what happened.

However, she claimed she lost her memories so he helped her and allowed her to stay with him.
Last night, he'd done an investigation on her to see what was wrong with her by looking into her soul.

It turned out the girl's life was full of vengeance and animosity.

Even though he didn't know the exact details of her life, it was something unpleasant so he told her to start over. He wanted her to turn over a new leaf so that no one would have to suffer.

After all, he knew revenge was a never ending cycle. Wu Xingxie, who had lost her memories agreed because she practically had no clue about her past.

If she hadn't lost her memories and someone told her to start over, she'd laugh as if she heard a joke.

"That's not important. What's important is that she should not be of your concern." Chantara answered back before making a symbol with his hands.

A beam of light formed and he flicked it towards Wu Xingxie who was looking down at the ground, waiting patiently.

The beam of light landed on her, rendering her unconscious. As her body was about to fall over, a white haired male caught her in time.

Chantara smiled at the scene while Bao Ling looked on with a poker face.

"You found us? That's surprising since this manor is hidden with a strong illusion spell." Chantara stated, smirking at the other male next to Hu Jiayi.

Wei had an emotionless face but his eyes had a warning flashing through them.

"So we meet finally, Demon King." Hu Jiayi looked at the masked man.

Bao Ling remained silent despite the fact that two people just infiltrated his home.

"Are you still thinking of her? Remember your place. Master will never let his daughter marry someone like you!" Wei pointed his still sheathed sword at the Demon King without batting an eye.

If this was before, he would've mind his own business but things have gotten to the point where he had to make a move.

"Someone like you will only bring the Eldest Miss harm." He continued, images flashing in his mind.

"If it weren't for you, would she have been able to learn Black Magic?!"
Wei snapped angrily without changing his glacial expression.

"Now I see why you're called the Demon King. A person like you only knows the worst type of magic."

*****
Sorry for the late update. My alarm didn't go off so my bad.

Fun fact about me: I can understand Thai really well but my speaking skills suck.