4 Precious Little Brother

On the bed was a young boy. Since the age of 4, he had been sickly. Although he was 12, he looked like an 8 year old boy. His body was thin and his face pale from sickness.

He was trying not to cry because boys don't cry. At least that's what his other half-brothers told him.

As he coughed, there came a knocking on his door.

"Who is it?" He asked, thinking it was a servant bringing him food.

"It's me." Xingxie replied to him softly.

Hearing his older sister's voice, Xuan smiled before telling her to come in.

Xingxie's heart broke when she saw her precious little brother on the bed. She heard him coughing before coming in.

In the past, she didn't have enough time to check on him because her father made her study so much. He raised her to be skilled in so many things while showing no affection towards her. If ever, Xingxie rarely saw her father. When she did, she held no resentment towards him. As a father, she believed that he only wanted the best for her after all.

Walking closer to the bed, Xingxie told Yuyan to wait outside.

Xuan smiled at his older sister. He hadn't seen her since her birthday celebration a month ago. He looked up to her very much because she was talented and able to cultivate. On the other hand, Xuan wasn't able to so his parents didn't hold him in high regards. Even with all the bullying from other people, he never once complained.

"Xuan'er, what's wrong?" Xingxie's voice was filled with love and worry. Before, she believed he would be saved by the physicians but who would have known, he died so suddenly. They claimed it was because of a chronic illness that couldn't be cured so no one found anything suspicious.

If only that were the case. After Xuan passed away, Xingxie devoted herself to learning more about medicine. She was a quick learner so with her medical skills, she would be able to save him this time.

"Jiejie*, Xuan has been sick years. I didn't tell you because I knew you would visit but I don't want you to get my illness."
Wu Xuan was a very honest kid. He was also very good at hiding his emotions.

"Let this sister check your pulse. I will never let anyone hurt you again." Xingxie told him as she held his skinny arms.

After feeling his pulse, Xingxie's blood began to boil. He was really poisoned!

The poison was a slow acting one which prevented him from being able to cultivate and gave him symptoms of being affected by a chronic disease.

Xingxie partially blamed herself. If she had learned medicine before he passed away, maybe she would have been able to save him. However, she was already here so she had to save him.

Whoever poisoned my brother, you better watch your back, I will make you pay a million times worse!

"Xuan'er, have you eaten?" She asked, suspecting it was it the food.

"No, but I'm actually hungry." The boy replied in a sweet voice that made her heart soften. He was too precious.

"Yuyan, tell them to bring a meal for Xuan'er." She ordered and Yuyan did soon.

Pretty soon, a male servant walked in with a tray carrying an expensive looking meal.

After setting it down, Xingxie dismissed him. She didn't even bother to thank him like she would usually do.

Xuan really wanted to eat but Xingxie stopped him.

"I have to check the food." She told him before forming a needle in her hands. Although she was 16, her soul was 21 so all the knowledge and powers she possessed transferred to this body. The Forbidden Magic was really worth it since now, she could change the fate of those around her. This life, she was willing to do whatever it takes to save Xuan'er and those who she felt were deserving of her kindness.

Xuan watched as his sister put the needle into the food. After a few seconds, the needle didn't turn black but white.

He knew that if the needle turned black, the food was poisoned so what does it mean if the needle turned white?

He was going to find out soon.

Jiejie (姐姐)- Means Older Sister in Chinese