54 The Family Meeting (1)

In the blink of an eye, it was the annual family meeting.

Wu Xingxie donned a teal hanfu with a matching veil. Her hair was elegantly braided down her back with a few hairpins put in as decoration.

Wu Xuan wore a matching robe to match with her outfit.

It was finally the day to reveal how much he had changed.

Sizheng was excited as well even though he was staying back. The boy had gotten used to the secluded chambers of Wu Xingxie so he didn't have to worry about being seen.

Yuyan had to attend as the personal maid of the Eldest Miss so Wei was left to watch him.

"We're going now. Take care ok?" Wu Xingxie patted the boy's head before leaving the chambers with Wu Xuan and Yuyan.

***
As part of the plan, Wu Xingxie pretended to to go alone and entered the hall.

Other members of the family were already there. When she entered, everyone nearly stood up as if they had seen a ghost.

Even Wu Dingxiang wasn't expecting her to come but he didn't really mind. He clearly told her there was no need for her to attend if she didn't want to but she showed up today.

Madam Gu frowned upon seeing Wu Xingxie. She glared at the girl who made her way to the middle to pay her respects.

"Xingxie greets father and mother." Wu Xingxie sneered but she hid the attitude in her voice.

After greeting them, she made her way to the seat. Each step she took was elegant as she glanced at Wu Yunxia.

Wu Yunxia had been released from house arrest already so he was also there. Seeing Wu Xingxie, the evil in his heart wanted to kill her for the humiliation he suffered but remembered his father's words.

So, he forced a smile and stood up.

"Yun'er greets First Sister."

He even called her by her formal title for the first time ever. As it was the proper manners, no one dared to comment on their actions.

Wu Xingxie naturally returned his greetings.

Madam Wu wanted to say something but the words were unable to come out for some reason.

After everyone arrived, the meeting finally began.

"Today is the family meeting." As the family head, Wu Dingxiang lead the meeting.
All eyes were on him be it admiration or envy.

Wu Xingxie was the only one who looked indifferent.

"Brother, all your children are here, but where's Wu Xuan? Did he forget that he's still your son?" Wu Dan, the brother of Wu Dingxiang asked but his words held a deeper meaning.

Wu Dingxiang had not even cared about the boy but now he remembered Madam Gu's son.

Other than him and Madam Wu, no one knew the truth. So in everyone else's eyes, Wu Xuan was still the legitimate son despite being the youngest.

"First Uncle, Wu Xuan has always been sickly, how can he come? Do you want us to get sick as well?" Yunxia retorted so that the older man could not refute.

"Second Brother, what you say is true. However, since you've been confined, Xuan'er moved in with me. I haven't contracted any illness so how can you imply that he's going to make us sick?" Wu Xingxie turned to Wu Yunxia who thought he was helping her.

He didn't think she'd come for him. Not to mention, no one told him of this.

Before anyone could say a word, Wu Xingxie spoke again with her soothing voice.

"In fact, Xuan'er is attending today's meeting. He's just taking his medicine."

Once her sentence finished, the door opened to reveal a young handsome teen. Escorting him was none other than the Eldest Miss's personal maid, Yuyan.

When they saw him, everyone was dumbstruck other than Wu Xingxie. She simply smiled under veil to let things play out.

Nobody said a word as Wu Xuan stepped inside and walked up to the empty space in the middle of the hall. As the only "legitimate" son, he greeted his parents, uncles and aunts before taking a seat next to Wu Xingxie.

Wu Dingxiang was the first to come back as he stared at the boy. He looked completely different from the last time he saw him!

Before, he was sickly pale and very thin. Now, the boy looked healthier, almost to the point he was unrecognizable.

"I-Is this really Wu Xuan?" Wu Yunxia could not believe his eyes. How could someone change so much in a short amount of time?
The others in the room felt the same way.

That Wu Xuan couldn't even get up from his bed before, how could he stand on his own now?

"Second Brother, we have not seen each other often so how could you know how much my health has improved?" Wu Xuan asked in all seriousness. It was a well known fact that they didn't see each other so no one could answer his question.