3 The Change

Once she was dressed, Xingxie ordered Yuyan to go with her to Wu Xuan's chambers. She wanted to see her little brother. Yuyan was a bit reluctant.

"Eldest Miss, Seventh Young Master is sick so what if you......" Yuyan trailed off when she noticed the cold aura coming from Xingxie's body.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" Xingxie asked calmly yet there was a hint of authority.

"Not at all!" Yuyan shut her mouth before holding her miss's soft hand. In their culture, it was common for a woman born of noble birth to hold the hands of their maids. This was to show that they were women with power and didn't have to do house chores.

As Xingxie and Yuyan walked through the manor, many servants had to greet them. However some pretended not to see them, totally ignoring them. In the past, Xingxie could have careless if they greeted her or not but that lead to them not truly respecting her status.

As Xingxie passed by the servants who acted as if she didn't exist, she stopped.

"Eldest Miss?" Yuyan was confused because Xingxie usually ignored them.

The servants noticed this as well but paid no mind to her.

"It seems like the servants in this household has certainly forgotten their places." Xingxie declared loud enough for many to hear.

Hearing her words, the servants nervously looked at each other.

"I, Wu Xingxie am the Eldest Di of the Wu family. According to the rules, you servants know that you should all stop what you are doing and greet me." Xingxie reminded not in an angry way but in a passive aggressive manner. She didn't sound domineering or haughty.

Yuyan understood what Xingxie was implying so she scolded the servants on the side.

"How presumptuous! You dare to disrespect the Eldest Miss of the house?"

The servants fell to their knees instantly.

What happened?

The Eldest Miss never acted this way.

She always treated them kindly and had a smile on her face.

Today, the Eldest Miss seemed a bit different.

"Just because I am a benevolent person, does not mean I will tolerate the level of disrespect in this manor." Xingxie stated before whispering a command to Yuyan.

"All of you who didn't greet the Eldest Miss properly, go and take your punishment of 15 spanks. Otherwise when the Eldest Miss returns and you haven't, there will be more consequences." Yuyan told them. The servants thanked Xingxie before running off to receive their punishment.

Xingxie and Yuyan continued to Xuan's room which was about 10 minutes away from her own.

Yuyan was still surprised by her miss's strange actions but she was actually glad. Many servants had been acting like Xingxie didn't live here since she moved in. She never questioned why Xingxie never reprimanded them but now that she did, Yuyan felt proud of her master.

This change was a good thing.