19 Ambitions (1)

"Be careful." Wu Xingxie voiced with concern as she supported the young boy to stand on his two feet. Wu Xuan's condition was getting better than ever after two weeks. This was the first time he felt so good and full of energy.

As he started to stretch, tears fell down his face like rain.

"Jiejie, I'm almost cured!" He cried out. Even Concubine Xi and Yuyan who were watching started tearing up.

"Xing'er, this is a blessing. How wonderful for Xuan'er. Soon, he'll be able to cultivate." Concubine Xi wiped away her tears with a handkerchief.

"Seventh Young Master has suffered so much all these years. He can finally prove his worth." Yuyan added looking at the young boy.

His complexion was much more healthier and less pale. He seemed to have gained weight as well because before, parts of his bones could be seen.

"I told you didn't I? I would heal you no matter what." Xingxie smiled.

To see her brother's smile was the best gift ever. He was the apple of her eye and no one could ever replace that.

"Are you thinking of letting the Master know?" Concubine Xi asked because she felt like he really didn't deserve to know. Although she was his concubine, she didn't love him nor did she want to curry favor with him. She was well aware of his ambitions and what he had done to reach them. Such a man was not worthy of her love or care. The only reason she was still living was for the sake of Xingxie and Xuan.

She considered them her real children. Without them, what purpose did she have in life?

"No." Xingxie replied without a hint of emotion.

"Good. Xing'er, do you know what your father's biggest desires are?" Concubine asked as she felt like Xingxie should know everything now.

Xingxie shook her head although she knew he would become prime minister not far from now.

"Isn't it to become the ruler?" Xuan blurted out which shocked the other females.

"Xuan'er, how do you know this?" Concubine Xi questioned, her eyes widening a bit.

Xingxie was taken aback as well.

Yuyan literally bit her tongue so she wouldn't scream out loud.

Saying such words were taboo and one could be accused of treason.

Wu Xuan shrugged as he replied flatly,

"Yunxia told me since I was young but I didn't really care until you asked. He told me that father's ultimate goal is to become emperor. I was too young to know what emperor meant back then."

Wants to be emperor?!

Although Xingxie was stunned after hearing this, she quickly believed it.

"No wonder....." She said out loud.

No wonder he rised up the ranks so fast in the past! He was a renowned general yet was not satisfied with his title. So, when the prime minister died, Master Wu was made the new prime minister. This was due to his military efforts and he was the patriarch of an aristocratic family whom were one of the 5 most powerful in the empire.

Wu Xingxie thought he was satisfied with that position but it was only when she heard Xuan's words that she thought wrong.

Wu Diangxiang was a really power-hungry man! He planned to overthrow the current emperor so that he could seize the throne for himself? Of course, as long as the other 4 families were fine with it, the people would not be able to do anything about it.

A rather bitter smile formed on Wu Xingxie's face as she connected everything to the future.

"Is this true?"

"Xuan'er's words are correct. Master Wu wants to take the dragon throne for himself. With a strong military backing, he only needs the approval of the Bao, Hu, Lang, and Feng families and the Long family will lose power. However, the other families are not easily reachable either so he has been trying to contact them."

*****
22 in Historical Fiction, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

I don't know how to thank you guys but we made it, and it's all because of the love and support you have been giving me.

I would love to hear your thoughts and comments about the story and how I can improve my writing skills.

Until the next update!