Hospital Room

***Ava's POV

   Everything felt cold. So cold. Freezing. Then everything was hot. Burning up I felt like I was on the sun. Then everything was cold again. 

   It went on like that for what seemed like eternity, but could have really been a couple days, or hours even.  

   I went in and out of consciousness, hearing bits and pieces of what was being said around me.

   "Is she . . ." " What happened . . ." "What did you do to . . ." "Oh my God. Is she . . ." 

   Everything went dark again.

***Dazz's POV

   Three days. Three days since she passed out. Three days since I kissed her. Three days since the girl I love went into a coma for reasons no one could begin to determine. I hadn't left her side once.

   Not when the doctor told me I needed sleep. Not when my parents told me I needed to eat. Not when her dad said that he wanted me out. Not when some jerk came in and told me to get away from her and threw a punch at me, saying it was my fault.

   I wouldn't leave her. Not until she was better. I won't ever leave her. Not if I have anything to do with it. 

   That was when I saw something move out of the corner of my eye as I stared at her face. I jerk my head in that direction to see her hand moving. I clasp it and look back at her face. 

   "Ava?" Her face shifts in discomfort. My question catches the attention of Riley, her dad, and Colin, who I now knew was her best friend. 

   Riley gets up from his chair and Colin pushes off the wall and they both make a dash for her bed side. 

   Riley takes her other hand in his and Colin rests a hand on her leg. I focus back on her face in time to watch her beautiful eyes flutter open. The immediately land on me and a smile blooms across her face. Turning it from beautiful to mesmerizing so fast it took my breathe away.

   "Dazz?" Her voice was scratchy from disuse.

   "I'm here. How do you feel. Do need anything? Water? Food? Does anything hurt? Do want want me to get the doctor to up your meds?" I fire question after question at her all in one breath.

   Colin raises a brow. "Which one of those questions do you want her to answer first?" Her head turns to him and Riley. "Hey, Ave. How ya feelin'?"

   "Colin? Riley?" 

   Colin smirks. "Who were you expecting? Santa? God?" 

   She kicks him.

   "Shut up, jerkface. What happened?"

   "You were walking back to the Wolf's house when you suddenly passed. Your temperature has been rising and falling at drastic measures for the past three days. The doctors have been totally stumped as to what was wrong with you."

   She tries to day something, but starts coughing dryly. I grab a cup of water, put a straw in it and hold it while she sips greedily. When I pull it away before she's done she scowls. 

   "Anymore and you're going to make yourself sick."Her scowl deepens and I laugh. "You can be mad at me all you want. I'd rather you be mad at me and healthy than happy with me and sick. Sorry, not sorry." She smacks me with the hand I had been holding and then places it back in mine. "Hey, no need to be violent."

   "Whatever. Get me a doctor. I want out of here." The three of s share a look over her. "What?" She asks in a clipped voice. 

   Riley answers her. Brave man. "Well, pumpkin, I think it would be best if you stayed here for at least another night for observation."