thirty ; let me go

He couldn't. He couldn't think of anything except for how she looks so beautiful in a white coat and he looked at how she truly has become a worldwide supermodel. Her hair was wavy and it made her face look even more beautiful; with red lipstick on and a twinkle in her brown eyes.

"Misaki." He said, as if his breath had been taken away, and he was sure it had.

"Hi, Yuzuru." She greeted, and she dragged her focus back to the children, and they held her hands and took her around the building, clearly ecstatic that she's returned.

Misaki followed the young ones around as they took her to the stables, and she sat by the benches and saw the usual rich heirs to some company play polo with one another as they were probably talking about their plans for world domination. She was soon joined by her other privileged peers, whom she wasn't that close with.

"Which one do you have eyes on, Misaki? Is it Ralph?" The blonde asked.

"I don't have eyes for anyone." She admitted, "Doesn't it ever get boring?"

"Nonsense. These men are the hottest in the market, and we're lucky we get to see them each time your father hosts these kinds of events."

She began to realise how this was indeed not Sendai, and they weren't the people she usually hung around with. She liked having opinions and being able to express herself freely with her friends. These people seemed to only talk about their choice of clothes and beauty.

As the sun set on the beautiful island, Misaki joined her father for dinner along with the guests who have arrived before enjoying themselves at the gala tomorrow evening. She put on a chic white dress and made her was to the ballroom that had been turned into a dining room, and from every corner, she could see people mingling and laughing, and it was no different than life with her mother.

"Misaki." Koichi called for his daughter, and they walked together to greet the leaders who had already arrived.

"Gentlemen, this is my daughter, Misaki." Koichi introduced.

"Pleased to meet you. It is truly an honour to have your presence with us in support of the Akiyama Foundation." She spoke eloquently.

"My, Koichi, your daughter is not only beautiful, but she surely is graceful." A woman complimented, "I've seen you in magazines, dear. You are wonderful."

"Thank you so much."

"We even have an Olympian with us from your country, am I right, Koichi?" A man asked, "A Hanyu, if I'm not mistaken."

Misaki's heart began racing as she tried to escape from the snake pit, but she didn't have the time before her father called for Yuzuru who had been standing by the large glass windows.

Yuzuru instantly came over, and he greeted the others and they all congratulated him on his achievements so far and one of them suggested out of the blue, "Let's all sit at the table together and have dinner."

"Great idea." Koichi agreed, "Misaki, you go ahead and socialise for a while while I discuss some things, alright?"

Misaki nodded, obeying her father's wishes before sighing. She was left alone with Yuzuru and she turned to face him. The two were awkwardly silent with one another, before she said, "This is for a good cause. We should join them. If they like us maybe they'll donate more."

"Yeah, that'd be great." He said, before walking with her to the dining table.

Once the two were seated side by side, the staff began serving their meals and they all socialised and laughed pretentiously while sipping on wine.