chapter fifteen ; the broken idol

Kento stood before her, as she held the bouquet of roses in her hands. He had a smile on his face at the sight of her but it could not be said the same on her behalf. Her face was horror-stricken, as if her worst fear had appeared before her.

"I thought you were in Tokyo? I was just going to pack to go visit you." She said.

"I needed to see you. I realise I can't be away from you, Misaki." He told her.

Guilt began filling her faster than a roller-coaster, and it could only increase once Kento was so close to her that their noses were almost touching, as he took something out from the rose.

"Misaki, I know this might be sudden for you, but I can't go without knowing your heart." He told her, "Rather so, who it belongs to."

In the middle of the rose, was a diamond ring and Kento took it out and got down on one knee, anticipating her answer, and she could only remain silent at the scenario before her.

"Akiyama Misaki, will you do me the honour, in marrying me?" He asked her.

Her eyes began to water in an instant at his proposal, because when he had asked her, the only one that appeared in her mind was none other that him. 

Kento stood up, a sigh escaping his lips as he held Misaki's shaking hands, calming her down and telling her it was alright.

She hugged him so suddenly, sobbing and apologising uncontrollably for turning him down.

"I knew, Misa. I've known all this time." He said.

"Why did you stay then? Why did you stay even though you know this would happen?" She asked him.

"Because I love this Misaki. I love the Misaki that loves Hanyu Yuzuru." He answered.

The two sat down on the sofa, Misaki still in Kento's arms. The two of them remained that way for a while, not speaking, but seeking closure in the silence that surrounded them. The room was dimly lit, and the smell of light wood and jasmine filled it.

"You know if we leave this way, the press will eventually have it printed by tomorrow." She said.

"Do you think you can handle it?" Kento asked.

"I've handled far worse things." She answered.

"Kento." She called for his name softly, and the man looked at her with a gentle face, smiling lightly.

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry." She apologised for the umpteenth time, "I'm sorry you had to date someone like me who was so troubled to begin with. Even when it was you who showed me so much happiness and kindness and took me away from everything that was bad, the feelings I have for the past I lived still doesn't disappear."

"You shouldn't be sorry, Misa." He assured her, "Even when I was the one who showed you those things, I know I wasn't the first."

"So, what do we do now?" She asked him.

"Well, we should break up, that's the first thing. Then, I'll go back to Tokyo for filming, and you'll return to your usual life and we'll meet at events as acquaintances, and by that time, I'm sure you will be happy with him. I hope you'll be happy with him." He said, "I hope he cherishes you more than I did."

The two hugged, and Kento stood up, and walked to the door, as they were saying goodbye, he caressed her cheek and kissed her one last time.

"I'll see you around, stranger." He said.

"I'll see you around." She responded, and she watched him walk down her front porch, out the gate, and soon enough he was out of sight.

-

Kento walked down the unfamiliar streets of Sendai as he tried to find some peace of mind. He held the ring in his hand for a while, before he found the right place to put it.

He had found a lake by the square, and once he threw the circular jewellery into the water, tears began filling his eyes as he tried to wipe them aggressively.

"I really did love you." He said in sniffles, as he realised he had to forget about her soon enough.

-

Misaki couldn't fall asleep that night, thinking of the things that Yuzuru had said to her, and how she was going to respond to that after leaving him the way she did.

Her worries also came gushing in when she thought of what might happen when the media releases the statement of her break-up with Kento. But that worry came faster than she thought.

She received a text message from one of her celebrity friends, telling her to look at the link she had sent.

The headlines were full of the hot topic. And the hot topics were all about her relationship.

Split! Yamazaki Kento and Akiyama Misaki No More!

HOT! Akiyama Misaki and Yamazaki Kento's Hot Breakup!

MisaKen Split! Why He Was Found in Sendai with Tear Streaks!

Could it Have Been Marriage? Akiyama Misaki and Yamazaki Kento's Break-Up was Because She Said NO! 

The tabloids were all giving her a headache, and the comments that she read could only make her head spin more.

How does someone say no to Yamazaki Kento?! She must be out of her mind LOL

Does she not know what a sweet guy Kento is? Or is she blind?

She thinks she's too good for him simply because she's more of the shining world class type. You're not that special Akiyama-san.

Why are you all blaming it on her? A relationship's failure is the blame of both parties. You guys probably have no idea what kind of person Misa-chan is :)

She has that broken person image behind that innocent face. What a pretentious facade. Broken Idol wwww

She scoffed at the remarks and thought to herself;

I guess they're right, aren't they? I am a broken idol. An idol who cannot uphold her own image is definitely a broken one.

-