twenty-five ; somebody else

Misaki prepared herself for the night of the restaurant launching. Not a single hair was out of place, and not one spot of makeup was overdone or unconvincing. She had become the Misa who people see on TV once more. Her smile, her movement, her way of speech, it was all there for the night.

The car was ready to pick her up, and in the car were her celebrity friends whom she found comfort in going through the same struggles and merciless rumours that tried to tarnish their image.

"So, Misa, is there anything new from your life?" One friend asked.

"Yeah, you were missing for quite some time and you didn't call any of us."

"Eh," she responded, "nothing much. Just got really tired from being really busy."

"I think what we're all trying to ask you here is, is there anyone new in your life?" 

They had heard of what happened between her and Kento, but nobody knew about the proposal. 

"Maybe." She gave a hazy answer that made them whine and try to pry for more. But before they could even try, they arrived at the grand opening of the restaurant.

"Wow. Saki really outdid herself with this restaurant." Misaki said.

"She's worked so hard on this. We should support her fully tonight." 

Once they stepped out of the car, camera flashes were directed directly at them, as they posed and talked to several journalists and gossip websites.

Misa-chan! Misa! Misa, do you have a minute?

These were the things she's used to heard but she hasn't heard in a while. Once she stopped to one journalist, she asked, "How are you tonight? You look fantastic!"

"Thank you! I'm really great, thank you for asking!"

"Tell us, will you be doing anything new? A new movie project? A photobook? Anything?"

"Um, nothing's in the works, but I'd be glad to." She said, "I'm just taking a break for now."

"Best of luck to you, Misa. Hope to hear from you soon!"

Each stop, they asked the same thing with an additional question on her opinion on certain things. After that, she went inside and greeted her friend, Saki, congratulating her on her success.

"I'm so proud of you!" She told her friend.

"Thank you, Misa!" Saki said, "There's someone I'd like you to meet."

All of a sudden, a tall man came greeting the two of them and Misaki instantly smiled at the sight of an old friend she hadn't seen in three years.

"Ayato!" She said, sounding surprised. The man hugged her and Saki said, "Ayato decided to come back for the launching of the restaurant, and he told me that he had been dying to see you again."

"It's so great to see you again!" She said, "How is New York?"

"It's really great. I'm doing musicals and directing there. I'm really getting to do what I want. What about you? You look fantastic."

"Thank you! I'm doing better than I have ever been." She admitted.

The two talked for a while, and Ayato asked her, "So, how's your darling mother?"

"As darling as ever." She said, laughing.

"You still have the most amazing laugh." He said, "What are you doing this Friday? Maybe we could go out to dinner together and talk."

"I'm sorry, Ayato. I'm busy on Friday. I've got to catch a flight to Sendai. I'm cleaning up my grandmother's house." She said, not revealing the surprising Yuzuru part.

"I see. Well, call me whenever you're free. You have my number, but I've never gotten a call from you. Can't say I didn't wait." He said.

"Alright." She half-heartedly told him. A part of her was already anxious. Nobody knew about Yuzuru and her, and Ayato clearly thinks she's available after Kento.

Misaki rushed over to Saki, who was talking to a few other media people. She took her to a corner and said, "Saki, I think Ayato is trying to ask me out."

"I know. I told him to." Saki replied with a cheerful smile.

"You what?!

"Look, Misa. You were heartbroken after Kento. You disappeared. I was so worried, and so I called Ayato, thinking you were with him and he became really worried. So, I thought, why not give him a chance? He really has been waiting for you for a long time." Saki reasoned.

"Saki, you don't understand. I already have somebody else. I'm in love with someone, and I am really in love with this guy." She admitted.

"What!?" Saki nearly shouted, and Misaki told her to be quieter, before she asked, "Who is this guy and how come I never knew anything about it?! If it were you, you know for a fact your mother's going to have is plastered on every paper in town."

"That's because not even my mother knows! I'm being really protective over this, and I'd appreciate it if you keep this a secret too. Please? For me?"

"Okay, I promise. But tell me, Misa. Who is he?"

"Saki, you're going to freak if I tell you." She said.

"Try me."

"It's Hanyu Yuzuru."

Saki's eyes were wide, and before she could even shout, Misaki's expression begged her to be quiet. She couldn't breathe properly after hearing this.

"You know, you really need to tell me how you get these high-class men. I didn't even know you had anything with him."

"We were in high school together. He told me he liked me back then and it took me five years to reply."

"Wow, you really are something else. I'm happy for you."

The group of friends had fun throughout the night, and when it was time for them to leave, Ayato offeredto escort Misaki out to her car, and there were still paparazzi everywhere.

"You should go inside. There are cameras everywhere." She said.

"I insist." He opened the car door for her and before closing it, he kissed her hand and bid her goodnight.

-

Yuzuru was walking the streets of Sendai when he noticed the morning paper. The gossip on Misa were everywhere. He felt his heart racing when he thought their relationship had been discovered. But it wasn't exactly that.

Misa and Watanabe Ayato? Could this be love?

A gentleman! Ayato escorts Misa and the two were laughing throughout the night.

After Kento? Ayato! Misa's new romance is the talk of the town!

His mind was wavering as he began thinking of Misaki laughing with someone else. There was even a photo of the man wrapping his arms around her. It made his hands turn to fists as he felt a familiar hurt in his heart.

The same hurt when she was gone and appeared on screen with Kento. And what was just a photoshoot turned into a relationship.

He got back to the ice rink as fast as he could and began skating with full force, as if he were about to crack the ice anytime soon. His peers were also aware of his sudden energy.

All that energy came oozing with all the thoughts he had and questions he wanted to ask Misaki.

Who is that guy?

Are you really with him?

Were you with him?

Does he mean anything to you?

Do I mean anything to you?

All that rage, and all of a sudden, his pose was disrupted when he fell flat on the ice. And the only thing he heard after were people crying his name with worry.