chapter six ; misa-chan

author's note!

play the song throughout the chapter if you'd like because i felt a lot with this song while writing this.

The days were emptier on that street - that walk home. The lights were shining, sure, but there was only darkness in the very middle of it. Yuzuru only ever walked in the middle of the street.

He hadn't heard from her, nor had he seen her in the past two weeks. Even her friends, Kiyoko and Umi, said nothing of her. It seemed as if she had been a dream all this time.

Yuzuru came to school that morning and heard a commotion in his classroom. He was used to having the girls fuss over something, but to have the boys flustered as well, something big must have happened.

"What is it, Shoya?" He asked his friend, and Shoya's face immediately went smiling with worry. Yuzuru tilted his head in confusion, wondering what had gotten into everyone.

"Misa-chan and Kento-kun! They look fitting together, don't you think?" A girl said, and Yuzuru rushed over to the front, where the girl was, and saw what she was looking at. It was a video of a modeling sketch, and that's when he saw her.

From the screen of the girl's phone, he could hear her voice as she was doing an interview with the male model beside her.

"Hello, today I'm currently with the most demanded model and actor in Japan, Yamazaki Kento and Akiyama Misaki. Welcome to the show." The lady said.

"Thank you for having us." Yamazaki Kento said.

"So, Misa, you're still a fresh face in the industry, but there's something charming about you that attracts the companies to want to hire you for fashion shows and even have you act."

"I think I'm very lucky," Misaki said, "I just debuted but I have gotten the chance to have a photoshoot with Yamazaki Kento-kun who is very famous in the industry."

The guy beside her shook his head, denying the fact on his fame.

"Yamazaki-san, Akiyama-san, what were your first impressions on each other?"  The interviewer asked curiously.

"Well, for me," Kento spoke, "I was completely speechless when she came into the room. We met for a meeting a few days ago and she was someone I was unfamiliar with in the industry, and I was like, 'She's very beautiful.' She has that kind of innocence that I find attractive."

Yamazaki Kento's words made the girls in the class squeal. He was truly the gentleman that the rumours had portrayed him as, but the way he talks about her made Yuzuru's blood boil.

"What about you? Did I give a good first impression?" He then asked Misaki.

"At first, I didn't know I was going to do this photoshoot with Yamazaki-kun. When I came into the meeting, I was surprised to see him in the room. He was so cool and he had that charm that was welcoming. He resembled those boys you read about in manga, and I had a really great time talking with him."

Yuzuru watched the photoshoot take place, as they were sitting side by side, posing for each shot differently, and also laughing from time to time. He couldn't even recognise her. She was really different - from her style, her hair, her smile, and the look in her eyes. Everything had changed.

Yuzuru was looking for something that didn't change, but he couldn't find it.

At the very end of the video, Yamazaki Kento and her were facing the camera to express their gratitude.

"Hello, everyone, I'm Yamazaki Kento. I just finished today's photoshoot with the beautiful Akiyama Misaki. It was a really fun and laid back photoshoot and I hope you guys will continue to support me, and also to support Misa-chan since she's very talented."

"Hello, everyone, I'm Akiyama Misaki. Today's photoshoot was one of the best ones I've ever done, and I think it's because I was having so much fun with Kento-kun. Please continue to support the both of us and we'll continue to try and give you our best. Thank you."

The screen went black, and everyone in the class was amazed.

"Misaki-chan became a model and she's so lucky! She gets to work with Kento." A girl said.

"Can you blame her? She was already really beautiful to begin with." Another girl mentioned.

"Do you think they could be dating?! I mean, look at how they look at each other and how he talks about her!" 

"You could be right! They do look good together!"

Yuzuru fell silent, as he wasn't in the mood to listen to any of the discussions they were having on Misaki. All of a sudden, Kiyoko and Umi came to him.

"Yuzu-kun." Umi called out, and he looked up to see the faces of the girls.

"Misa-chan," Kiyoko said, "didn't mean to leave without saying anything. She was taken away from here."

Yuzuru couldn't say anything, so he kept quiet and didn't respond to them. The girl sat back in their seats and the day passed by just like that.

-

"Hello, everyone! This is Misa! I'm here with Yamazaki Kento-kun for Tokyo's Spring photoshoot and I hope you guys will like the outcome of it. Was it fun, Kento-kun?"

"It was indeed. We got along pretty well, didn't we?"

"We certainly did. The Spring Issue will be out tomorrow at noon and please continue to suppport us.Thank you."

As the screen froze as the video ended, he saw her face again, smiling brightly. He was still trying to look for something that he could recognise, but failed to do so. He was unable to identify who she was anymore, but he knows that it's her.

I just want to see you now. His thoughts whispered as he walked alone in the same corner of that small street, where if he looked hard enough, he could still see her running off and waving at him on that first day.

-