Chapter 5: Over

"Sasuke..." Sakura looked u, trying to wipe her tears. "I'm fine, I was just..."

"You don't seem fine." he concluded analyzing her sad face. "What happened out there?"

"I thought I can do it. But seeing him in front of me, with a ring, made me realize how serious this whole ordeal is." she tried to avoid his gaze as much as she could.

"Look, Itachi is a nice guy. He will try to give you space, comfort, but he will also try to please dad. He is not the kind to let anyone out. You just have to be yourself. He will accept you and help you get through it."

Tears appeared once again in her eyes, making her emerald colour turn brighter.

"What if I can't?" her voice cracked. "I can't just act all chill. I'm angry, frustrated, mad, sad. All of these inside me feel like a volcano." the pinkette bit her lip.

"Do what you think you have to do but Sakura... Keep your eyes open at what is in front of you. Just in case." the ravenette's words didn't calm her down. They only made her more agitated. What was he supposed to say, anyway? Of course he would defend his own blood. Family before friends.

Sasuke gave her an understanding gaze before taking the corner and disappearing again.

She took a deep breath and hoped that her waterproof make up was really waterproof. She anticipated that she will cry. It was inevitable.

She stepped into the dinning room, feeling all the gazes on her. Itachi's was burning the most.

Like a lost puppy, she made her way around the table and took her seat near her soon to be husband. She couldn't look at him. He was in it with them, with no remorse or guilt.

"Ah, Sakura. Just in time for the dessert. We made strawberry cake. Your mom told us that it's your favorite." Mikoto clasped her hands together.

"Uhh..." Sakura murmured, feeling dizzy.

"Sakura!" Mebuki called in a warning tone.

Sakura looked uo at the black haired woman who was watching her worried. She gave a reasuring fake smile. "Thank you, Mikoto-san. But I do not feel so good. I am sorry for destroying this lovely dinner."

"No problem, sweetie. Do you want to lay down a little?" the woman offered kindly.

"Yes, that would be great."

The pinkette got up while her mother gave her a worried look.

"Don't worry, Mebuki. I will take her upstairs to lay down and give her a pill. This dinner probably was overwhelming. She needs some rest."

Mebuki nodded.

Itachi was spacing out. He felt horrible and he knew that trying to put pressure on her made her like this. This isn't a good start.

When the two women left the room, Fugaku looked skeptically towards Kizashi.

"I hope that this has nothing to do with a pregnancy. My son won't raise a bastard." the anger could be heard in his voice.

Kizashi raised his hands in defense. "I am sure it's not." he sweatdropped.

"How can you know? She never had a boyfriend?" Mebuki gulped the lump in her throat.

"Yes she has... Had. But we raised her well and we raised her to be careful."

"I hope you are right."

"Dad, enough." Sasuke hit his fist on the table, gaining everyone's attention and making the knives and forks jump. "Her personal life is none of your concern."