Males are reliable.

Arain's POV

I still hiding from the monster. Where? In the hole of course. As I expected hole is a safest place on earth.

"Where is she?! I smell her around here!"

"Find her!! Or we will not having any meal today!"

Did I said too early? Welp, I hate you asshole. As I saw their legs pass by, I sneakily tip toe out from my hiding spot.

Unfortunately, curse my luck, I accidentally step on a twig. Creating a simple cracking sound, the monster who just about leave the scene turning back seeing my stiff figure.

"There she is!!"

"After her!!"

Curse you!! I sprint on top speed and flee again like before. I truthfully hate it as it remind me my previous life, before my life end as appetite.

If only I was a vicious dog, a cunning cat, and heck, even rabid squirrel that's fine. I wouldn't mind give them merciless death.

I look back and see their mouth open wide, showing straight sharp toothy grin.

"I'm scared..." I whimper again.

On my way to run away from them, I saw another hiding spot. It's a hole but bigger and darker than before and also...this hole made from rocky. Who live here I wonder, without thinking anything I enter for the sake of my another threaten life.

"Sorry for intrude." I sitting deeper in darkness and sit while hugging my knees. They have been passing like dozen time in front of my sanctuary, but why they don't enter?

"Strange...." I whisper. I guess this is someone territory,"I better leave this place."

"No." What the carrots!?

Before I able to scream a small hand cover my mouth, my voice muffled as I struggled. Is this another predator too!? But ....this person quite small...a child maybe ?

"Shhh, silent. You're too loud." A little child say. He's right, I almost get myself caught again, but that doesn't mean you do not have intention to kill me...aren't you..boy?

Are you even human I wonder..

"Sigh..they're noisy." He put down his little hands and look at me with...pair of glowing yellow eyes...seriously. This remind me the spoil carrot in my dream. "Do you really have to leave?"

"...I have too..this is not my home anyway." I said softly to him since were in easy echoes place. "Do you live here?"

"...yeah.."he said in awkward tone. "...is it weird?"

Weird? Can I said it was weird when I was once stayed living in the hole.

"In the human terms, it's quite weird...unless if you're not human." I shrugged. Ughhh aren't my eyes supposed to be powerful enough to see his figure? Why am I only seeing dark blurry around him?

"What are you?"

"...." His eyes still stare at me. "Are you sure you want to know?"

"Is it going to kill me just to be curious?"

"Curiosity killed the cat." He tease me. I could see his eyes, as if grinning at me.

"I'm not a cat. Fine, if you don't want to tell me" since I do not sense any threat from this mysterious creature. I guess he just a meek creature. "We won't meet again after all."

"What if....we met again?"

"...it's up to you to believe. I just want a peaceful life." I said as I walkout from this place. " it's nice to meet you...mysterious boy."

"I'm not a boy, kitty."

"I'm not a cat, it's supposed to be rabbit."

"..." He burst in laugh. What's the matter, I'm telling him the truth!

"Fine, bunny." He said. "Till we met again."

After that, his silluhoute were not there anymore.

"Arain~!"

I heard my name being called, I look around to search those voice again. It seem like a male voice, human!I completely forgotten the phenomena ago.

New mission: Find it, cling on it.

Heck, this voice is the only hope of my survival! Matte! Matte! Voices, I can hear you but I can't see ya!

___________=___

Zackarian's POV

"Arain!!" I called her name again and again. My voices only echoes across the forest as the birds flutter away.

"Where's that girl!" I sighed in frustration. But still wanting to move forward as I saw a goblin dead body. It was rotting like messy black coal, the only thing could turn it like that just black magic. So Arain must be here as she fight with it.

I impressed she could defeat it by killing it, but then I remember my purpose arriving here.

"ARAIN!!!"

Another call and then I could hear a fade but faster footsteps coming directly at me. Further away, a little girl running toward me with tears fall like endless waterfall and behind her were followed by unwelcome guests.

"NIIIIIII---CHAAAAAN!!!!"

She finally reaching me by jumping straight into my waist, weaving her arms around me. I was stunned by her action, we never been closed like this, suddenly it's triggered my brotherly instinct the moment goblin rush toward us with the dagger ready to pierce a flesh.

"You target the wrong guy." I said with my waist also coincidentally hanging with a rapier. I pull it out and pull Arain up on my shoulder as she was little and lighter as a feather.

I release my magic aptitude fire , licking my rapier blade, the goblin was getting near then I stabbed him dozen time per second. Easy peasy.

Finally it was dropped dead with some twitch, relieve that disgusting creature finally dead I put her down.

"Come on, let's go home. Don't bring trouble on every one already. "

"Nii-chan."

That word again, I did not getting use to it yet. Before I went lecture her, she jump and hug me with her face stare me upwardly. Now what does sue want this time, I was stunned as her lips form a smile.

"That was cool!!" She said while rubbing her head on my chest. I was flustered with red crept on my cheeks. "Your attack look like...."

There was a pause, like what?

"....like a woodpecker!!"

...seriously? Is that even a compliment?

"Can I borrow that thing for a moment ?" She said while pointing at my rapier. I was hesitate for a bit and then gave it to her, maybe she just curious how a weapon could lit up with a fire suddenly. After all, the school doesn't teach mana imbue weapon yet in her age.

But what makes me spine chilling is, as she was holding the rapier with both of her small hands. She twirl her body, slicing the air till it also cut the neck of goblin result blood gushing.

"There..payback for scaring me." She said with a smile. "Thank you nii-chan."

"..." Did abduction turn my sister into psychotic person? Perhaps she have a really nut day. As she still waiting for my reply, I take the rapier from her and gave her a flick. What the heck are you doing.

"Next time, respect the death."

"...death..respect them ?" She tilts her head in confusion instantly letting me slip mind about her gory behaviour.

"You will learn." I rub her dull blonde. In rensponse, she also rub her head back to mine with a smile never left. "Why are you still cling on me?"

"For survival. Never let go of it saviour after escape from jaw of death." She said bluntly. "Males sure reliable in this dangerous situation, right nii-chan?"

How funny, I was speechless.