Chapter 14

Raizel's POV (Oh yeah, he gets a POV)

I was stunned while looking at her and at the same time, for some reason, terrified. She's emitting this kind of aura that makes me want to stay away. Her eyes that were once kind and soft turned glacial and those things that appeared on her back made her even more menacing.

"Athena... " I muttered under my breath. She heard me and turned her head towards me, "We are not Athena. "

My eyes widened in confusion but said nothing. She, or whoever is talking spoke again, "We are Soul Weapons who were given to her to protect her from people who wish to harm her. "

"Soul...Weapons? " I heard Frankenstein mumble. I haven't heard of this before, how is it possible for a single being to carry multiple Soul Weapons at a time? And what does he mean by given?

"I am Shuu, and along with 3 others, we will see to it that she will never be harmed again. " While she, or rather he, spoke, I can feel the air becoming heavier and for some reason, me and Frankenstein weren't affected at all.

"Do not worry. " he said in a male tone, distinguishing his existence, "We are aware of your importance, therefore we will take into account your safety."

My face remained stoic but deep inside I was beyond worried. He seem to notice this because he gave a ghost of a smirk then turned to Jurka who was silently observing what was happening.

"Do you wish to take Athena? " Shuu said calmly but with a hint of mischief and an emotion I cannot explain.

Jurka didn't say anything. They were having a stare-off when Jurka spoke suddenly, "I wasn't expecting you to appear as her Soul Weapon. But nevertheless, you are one for surprises."

"And you are always the traitor. " The man, Shunsuke said while grinning.

Jurka laughed,  "What I did to your master was an accident. Can't you believe your old man Shuu? "

Shunsuke's facial expression grew darker, "I'll never acknowledge you as my father," A sword appeared on his hand, "and you'll never lay a finger on her. "

Jurka looked at him with amusement, "It's been a while since we've sparred. How much stronger have you gotten since then Shunsuke? "

Shunsuke dashed towards him. The sound of swords clashing evident in the air,  "More than you! " he yelled as their swords collided.

"Then let your sword do the talking! "

As the battle raged in front of us, I couldn't help but feel useless yet here I am, standing idly as a stranger did all the protecting. It should have been me

But right now, I must set those thoughts aside. Whoever this man is, he might pose as a threat to humanity and the nobles. Whatever his intentions are, I must put a stop to it.

Grabbing hold of the earring the Lord gave me, I unsealed the seal that held my powers.

3rd Person's POV

Both Shunsuke and Jurka turned their heads when they felt the growing presence of a strong being. The Noblesse, who has been silently staring at them had finally taken action as wings of blood sprung out from his back.

So this is the man... Shunsuke thought to himself.

"I thought I taught you better than to look away from your enemy! " a shout from behind was heard and Shunsuke was too late to block it.