Chapter 13

Athena's POV

"Me?" I repeated, flabbergasted at his proclamation, "What are you talking about?"

He sighed, looking as if the answer was the most obvious thing that has ever existed in the entire universe and I didn't know about it. Well, congratulations then! "Let's just say that you're a being that is supposed to be dead and yet for some reason, you are alive and now, you're being targeted, period. "

Although I still had questions to ask him, my mind wandered off to a certain raven-haired man who was trying to fend off some intruders. I don't have the time, I need to go to him! Protecting is my job!

"You can't really go right now." Shuu spoke, as if reading my mind, "Your consciousness is in a total shut down for safety purposes." Then he looked at me with one of his eyebrows raised, "And I know for certain that you're tired."

As much as I wanted to glare at him, he's right. For some reason, my body is heavy and I'm not going to lie, it already takes a large amount of effort to even stand up straight. "Using us takes a lot of energy, but that's better than---" his eyes widened, as if remembering something and shook his head, "Never mind."

Then there came silence. I wanted to ask him a question but I didn't know where to start. I don't know him and I'm sure as hell that he's giving off a jerk-ish aura but something about him makes me calm and safe. Like I can trust him. All of a sudden, the space shook. "What was that!?" I exclaimed. "It would seem that the battle is over." He replied as he started walking towards a bright light that shone just in front of us. Though the light was blinding, I squinted my eyes to try and see who was standing in front of the light. It was as if they were waiting for him.

"I'll explain things to you later, in another time." As soon as he finished saying that, the bright light shone even brighter and there was darkness...

"--thena, Athena!"

I inwardly groaned. My body is aching so much and my head is no better. It's like a thousand hammers are pounding it at the same time. I opened my eyes and saw Frankenstein and Sir Raizel looking at me worriedly, the latter only a bit discreetly but just by looking straight to his eyes, worry is an understatement.

"What happened?" I croaked. Frankenstein sighed in relief, "You're back. That's good."

My eyebrows met at his reply but didn't ask, my headache constantly reminding me of its presence. What the hell happened?

3rd Person POV

Raizel looked at the white-haired woman with worry. After waking up she kept holding her head, silently telling them that her head was hurting. He was really surprised and a bit curious at what he just experienced earlier. What was that? He didn't want to pressure her so he just let that thought slide for now. 

They went inside the mansion. Athena retired to her room earlier than usual, saying that she needs to be alone for a while. Raizel and Frankenstein went to the living room where they discussed what had happened with them earlier.

"Frankenstein." Raizel spoke, calm yet deep down very worried.

"Yes master?" Frankenstein replied curtly. Raizel's eyes softened, "Athena looked really...distressed."

"It might be related to what happened earlier." Frankenstein said, sharing his thoughts, "She acted not like herself when those appeared."