Chapter 9

Athena's POV
I would be lying if I said that I was thrilled to have another servant here inside the mansion. But this was no ordinary guy but the person responsible for the disappearance of both Nobles and Humans. The reason was withheld from me but that doesn't shake off the feeling that it was for a reason I wouldn't agree on. A few nights had passed since the Lord asked for Sir Raizel's presence only to know that one night someone appears inside the house and somehow pretends to be a butler serving under Sir Raizel while I was not around because of things that I needed to attend to.

"If you lay a finger on him, I will turn your body to ashes." I growled under my breath when I showed him to his room as per instructed by Sir Raizel. He was human who's aura doesn't say he's human. He did something that makes him stand above his race. He didn't say anything returned the glare that I was giving him. I wouldn't dare question Sir Raizel's decision in keeping him but...I don't know.

"Is there something troubling you?" I turned around only to find Urokai standing behind me. I blinked and respectfully, "Greetings Sir Urokai. What brings you here?"

"No need for formalities." He smiled, "I'm here to visit Sir Raizel. " I nodded, "I see."

"Also," he added, "I would like to meet the human he took under his wing."

My forehead creased at the tone Urokai was giving. It was off and it doesn't sound good. He proceeded to the room where Sir Raizel was staying with me following behind him only to surprise us that the human, Frankenstein, was already there, wearing a butler uniform. I didn't say anything and walked towards Sir Raizel's side giving him tea. He nodded, his way of saying thanks and took a sip. Afterwards I told him that I had an errand to go to and he excused me, "Be careful."

Geez, that was all he said and it made me blush beet red. I picked up some spices and ingredients from the human market. Yeah, I come here a lot but I make sure that I look as human as possible, to avoid any suspicions. Having these eyes are suspicious enough. I had a friend here but she doesn't know what I really am and I plan to keep it that way. She would be involved in the unnecessary conflicts in the future. I turned around....speaking of the devil.

"Eh? Oh it's Athena! Heyyyy!" She yelled at the top of her voice the moment her eyes noticed me. She hugged me tight, causing me to grunt out a bit, "By the gods Mel, you're suffocating me." That woman has the strength of a bear! I literally can't breathe!

"Whoops sorry, don't know my own strength." Melanie smiled apologetically. Her eyes shifted to the full basket I'm carrying, "Oh hey, you're making something?" I blinked, "Ah yeah."

"Whatcha makin'?" She asked me, her eyebrows wiggling. I giggled, "Cut that out, it's not what you think."

She looked at me with her you can't fool me look and crossed her arms, "Really? Then why are you blushing so hard right now?"

"E-eh?" I felt my face heat up at her statement, making it more obvious. I heard her giggle in response, "Yah don't make fun of me." I pouted. "Sorry, sorry. You're just too adorable. It wouldn't be a surprise if the one you're making your specialty would appreciate it and, I don't know, probably make your relationship even closserrr~~~"

"That's enough coming from you, Melanie." I sighed in defeat, "It's not that simple."

Her eyebrows creased in confusion, "What do you mean?"

"I mean he's not someone who should love. It would become his downfall..."

~~

After that talk with Melanie I went back to the mansion where I found the place empty. Weird, I thought, even Sir Raizel is not around. I wouldn't be surprised if the human, Frankenstein or whatever, disappeared. I would care less. Not long after I felt an ominous aura being emitted in the far distance. I shifted my head to that direction, "What was that?" I asked myself then decided to ignore it. If it was a noble gone rouge, then the master would be there to stop him. That would probably explain why he isn't here.

A few moments later he returned along with the human who looked at me for a little bit then continued his way. As weird as it looks like, I shrugged it off and carried the prepared meal to Sir Raizel quarters. "Master, I prepared something for you."

He looked hesitant at first, maybe because of the garlic. It's adorable when you look at him; he's like a child who's looking at a meal that is rumored to be bad tasting. He took the spoon and dipped it in the soup then to his mouth. I waited there anxiously, Frankenstein entered not a few moments later, bringing in some tea for the three of us.

"How is it?" I couldn't help but ask. He put down the spoon and replied in his usual tone, "It's good." Relief flooded my system as I smiled as wide as I could, "Thank you so much." Then I noticed some food stuck on his cheek. On impulse, I leaned in and wiped it off using my handkerchief. The moment I realized what I was doing, our faces were so close to one another. Feeling the blush creeping in, I immediately retreated and bowed, "I'm very sorry." Turning my heels I excused myself from the room to prevent myself from doing any more embarrassing things.

Frankenstein's POV

The white haired woman left, closing the door behind her. It was obvious that he liked the master. I turned to him and my eyes widened. He was covering his face with his hand, obviously trying to hide a smile and the growing pink blush in his pale face.

"Frankenstein..." I blinked when he called out my name. He was looking at me, his eyes glowing and his face ever so serious, "Are you sure you want to make a contract with me?"

He noticed. Immediately I kneeled down on one knee and placed my right hand to my chest and bowed my head, "Yes master."

Don't kill me! I was busy reading the entire manhwa all over again and forgot that I had a story.. Joke! But seriously, I was reading. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!