Chapter 10

I'm dedicating this chapter to a reader in Quotev. She was so nice haha and it inspired me. @Musiciana, this one is for you 😘

~~
Athena's POV

It surprised me and Frankenstein when we found one another being summoned in the garden. I was confused and I can tell that he was too. I looked around to see if there were others around and found none. My attention turned to Frankenstein, who coughed, "I would like to apologize." My eyebrow raised, "I...didn't mean to threaten you."

I was confused at first. When did he threaten me? I thought to myself while I stared long and hard in those blue eyes of his. They were sincere and looked apologetic enough for me to believe. Then I realized what he meant, "You don't need to apologize. In fact, I should be the one who is sorry." I said, referring to what I told him yesterday.

"That was understandable." He replied, giving me a smile, "You were protecting the Master."

I assumed that he had already made a contract with Sir Raizel. He felt different from yesterday. I would feel threatened, I mean, he's human who has done terrible things to obtain power and now he's become a servant of the same master I serve, who is in fact the symbol of power for all nobles. But somehow I feel comfortable around him and the Lord likes him too, other than the fact that he's quite comedic and often sadistic.

"What are you doing here by the way?" I asked him, walking around the garden. I was staring at the empty space and planned on planting some flowers there. The other ones started to grow and bloom. During my next free time I would arrange them. I bent down to see the wilting flower and placed my hand on it gently. I put some power into it and the flower became healthy again. Frankenstein answered, "Master told me to check up on you. To see if you were in need of assistance."

I could feel my cheeks reddening. I tried to stay calm and composed while ignoring the fact that I may look like a ripe tomato right now, "R-Really?" Frankenstein, despite all his genius-ness, seemed oblivious and nodded, "He specifically told me to watch over you since you were often very clumsy when by yourself."

It was as if someone threw red paint on my face. I flailed my hands while exclaiming, "I am not clumsy! I didn't see the rock!" Realizing that I lost my cool, I bent down and covered my red face with my hands and muffled a barely audible sound. Frankenstein looked amused and put his hand under his chin, as if he discovered some rare item and needs to study it immediately, "Wow. I didn't expect you, of all people, would trip over a rock of all things." He chuckled and I glared, "I thought you were the epitome of perfection."

I stood up and huffed while crossing my arms, "I don't need to pretend all the time don't I?"

He smiled and slightly tilted his head sideways, "I suppose not."

I sighed and stared upwards; admiring the stars that were twinkling and the full moon that was shining so brightly. The sky was covered with thousands of stars, as if I am staring straight into another universe, "Say, Frankenstein."

"Hmm?"

"Do you ever wonder what is beyond our world?" I asked him, "Like what lies beyond the stars? What are the things that we don't know about and why haven't we known them yet?"

He didn't answer me and remained staring at the blanket of stars, "My dad once told me that the stars are a bunch of dead people looking out for us from another place. Don't you think it's weird?"

"...Not really." He replied. I smiled softly and said, "At first I thought it was, and creepy. " I chuckled and slowly turned around, "Come on, let's go back to the mansion."