Overcoming the Struggles

Asuna and the others, logged off of SG and noticed that Kazuto wasn't around, AGAIN!

"KAZUTO! WHERE ARE YOU?!" They called out.

Keiko came from the bushes. "I found this. I think it might be Kazuto's."

Vari inspected the Augma, that Keiko picked up. "That's his alright. But where is he?"

Sugu heard a text on her phone. She quickly inspected it. 'Kazuto's here.' She looked at everyone. "My brother is at home."

"He could have said something." Rika retorted. Rika saw the downcast expression on Asuna's face. "Are you going to be okay?" It wasn't like she didn't know what was bothering Asuna. Kirito almost killed Yui, that was nothing short of disturbing.

"I don't... know what to do... I've tried to be strong... but I can't... do this anymore... They're using Kirito to kill Yui..." Asuna wiped away her newly shed tears. "How can I hope to ever see the real Kazuto again...? Will I ever be able to look at him the same way...? Will I be able to even trust him... again...?"

"I was always the one, who thought it was over and gave into my fears... but you showed me true strength, when I needed it." Suguha placed her hand tenderly on Asuna's shoulder. "You taught me to never give up and to hope for something, that seemed like it was lost. I don't know what will happen, but we wouldn't have made it this far, without you and Kazuto wouldn't even be alive. I know why you want to, but don't give up now! We have come too far, to lose him now. We need you to stay strong too, Asuna. We can't give up."

"Okay..." Asuna smiled. "I won't give up."

______________________________________

Sugu stood in front of Kazuto's room and knocked, after she found that it was locked. "Kazuto! Let me in! Open this door or I will-"

Midori grabbed her arm, which took her attention away from the door. "I don't think he wants to talk right now." She led her daughter to the kitchen.

"What's up with him?"

"I don't know, but he looked pretty depressed about it. He walked right past me, without saying a word either. I have never seen him like this before. I think he just needs time."

"I think I know... He almost deleted Yui from the system. Maybe he has come to realize the truth..."

"Kazuto..." Tears slid down Midori's face. "I'm sorry..." She wiped them away, but they didn't stop. "How long will this go on?"

Sugu gave her mother a big hug and they shared in their tears.

______________________________________

Asuna and the others visited Kazuto's house but had no success getting Kazuto to talk to them either. Asuna realized that he probably came to terms with reality and is angry with himself over the ordeal. Not to mention, how violated, he must be feeling. Asuna couldn't blame him for closing up. She hoped that he would come to grips over time, but as time dragged on, they didn't see any progress. He didn't even let them in his room.

She had talked to Yui briefly, from time to time, not wanting to risk her being taken again. She wanted to make sure that Yui didn't blame Kirito for it, or that she would fear him. Even now, she still couldn't believe that Yui was actually Kayaba's daughter. All this time, she had wondered why Yui was so human. Now she knows that Yui has always been human... not a program. Not completely anyway. Something about that knowledge only made Asuna more protective over her and her desire to raise her as her own, only grew. She was a human! Not just an AI. It made Asuna wonder just how young Yui was, when she first got trapped in codes. Kayaba still had no right to do those things, but a part of her understood, how he felt. Losing his only child would be devastating, to say the least. Yui wasn't even technically, Asuna's daughter and Asuna felt that she would die for her, if she had to. She was sure that even now, Kazuto felt the same way. Which is why he has barricaded himself in his room. But Asuna didn't think her heart could survive his seclusion, much longer.