Kirito is our Enemy?

In the lab, some men stood around working and attending to Kazuto's experimental progress.

The boss came into the room. "Update me on his current state!"

One of the lab workers answered. "He has permitted us full access, sir. The experiments were a huge success!"

"Is he the only one to pull through?"

"Subject 43 was doing well, but in the last moments, she died on us."

He knew more than he was letting on. "That is a shame. But this boy will be all we need to get things rolling."

"You sound really confident, sir."

"That is because I saw the experiments flowing, first hand. I saw a tortured soul, who has lost his will to live and would give everything up, for a cause. Let's make it our cause! He should wake soon. Make all preparations!"

"Yes sir!" The two men started typing things at a fast rate. Using the results of the experiments, they would now be able to control Kazuto in real life too. "Initiating IRL sequences... progress looks good... and we're in!"

Kazuto woke up and looked around the room. He sat up straight and glanced in their direction.

"Kirigaya? How are you feeling?" The assistant asked

"Yeah... I'm okay." Kazuto answered.

"Hey kid!" The boss approached him. "My name is Kazuli Mikuokaze. I am starting a new reality. Augmented Reality. I'm sure you've heard of it."

The workers took that as their cue to leave.

"I have." Kazuto answered simply.

"Good. Then I can skip the introductions. I want you to be the public face of our company."

"Are you sure? I am only a student!"

"A reputable one at that. I hear you single handedly defeated Kayaba in his very own game and to make things even better, you defeated the strongest player in ALO, then proceeded to be the first to make it to the top of the world tree, where you put a stop to those horrible experiments. And taking out the king of Alfhiem, but you didn't stop there. You defeated Hades in his own game, as well. They would be insane to not love you right now."

"I guess. I didn't realize I had so many fans."

"Are you interested then?"

"Sure."

"I just need to know one thing..." Kazuli's expression tensed. "What was the AI, that the player 'Asuna' was using, to bypass the security systems, in game?"

Kazuto didn't even hesitate. "Yui."

"Thank you, Kirigaya." The boss was about to leave him alone to the remaining tests, when a girl slipped past him.

"Kirito? I can't believe it's really the Black Swordsman, from SAO!" The girl almost shrieked in excitement. She had long, fine, black hair, up in a high ponytail and her eyes sparkled like an emerald. She couldn't be any older than Kazuto.

"Who are you?" Kazuto asked.

Kazuli turned back to Kazuto. "She is my daughter."

"I am such a big fan. I was in SAO. You probably don't remember me, but I remember you! You saved so many lives and took on the bosses whenever you got a chance. You were the ultimate solo player! I still don't understand why you joined a guild in the end, but you are my greatest hero!"

"Uh huh..."

She suddenly hugged him tightly. So much so, that he felt like she was stealing his breath.