Manipulation

Kazuli entered a room, with Mizikone. He gazed at Kazuto, who was waiting in a small room, with the Augma already around his head.

Kazuto sprung up. "How is she?"

Kazuli gave him a sad smile. "She is recovering, but no worse for wear. She will be back to her usual self, in a matter of days."

"Can I see her?" Kazuto asked.

"I don't see why not." Kazuli raised his hand in a gesture, to welcome Kazuto to join him.

Kazuto left the room with Kazuli, leaving the Mizikone in the room, to organize some tests, performed on Kazuto, only hours ago. After only a couple hallways, they found themselves entering Vari's room.

Kazuli and Kazuto entered the room.

Kazuto was greeted by a boy with auburn hair and hazel eyes, who was a couple years older than him.

"You must be Kirito. I never had the chance of meeting you. I am Renri. Varina's older brother." Renri bowed as a pleasant greeting.

"I am Kazuto. Vari had mentioned you a few times, but we were pretty busy. It wasn't my intention to ignore you."

"Ignore me? That isn't the way, I see it. Vari didn't introduce us, on purpose. She has always been like that. Rash and impulsive. But you would be familiar with that, wouldn't you, Black Swordsman?"

"I don't know what you are talking about..." Kazuto sloughed it off.

"I am not going to play games, with you. I do appreciate you being there for my sis. She is very important to me. If you have a sister, you would know."

"I do have a sister. She is important to me, too."

"So? What now?"

Kazuto gave him a curious look, after giving Vari a quick glance. "What do you mean?"

"Have you not even given it a thought?" Renri stood up in disbelief.

Kazuto raised his hand to his head. "Not really."

Renri got an idea in his head. His father wouldn't argue with this. "How about you join up with my sis and I, when the new game launches?"

Kazuli stepped in. "Kazuto has work to do, he can't just dork around, like you guys, intend to."

"Dad. He has more than enough time to spare."

Kazuto studied Kazuli's face, for any response.

"Fine." Kazuli did not seem too thrilled about it. "You have work to do, Kirigaya. Don't stay too long!"

Kazuto nodded, before taking a seat next to Vari.

Kazuli left them to their chat and headed back to the room, where he left Mizikone.

________________________________

"Boot the system! I need to see Kirigaya sync with the monitors, myself."

Mizikone sat down at the computer. He launched the program and Kazuto came online.

What Kazuto could see and hear, was now projected on the monitor and its speakers.

"Can he hear us?" Kazuli asked.

"No, sir. If you want to give an instruction, you just have to type it, right here." He tapped on a module at the bottom of the screen.

Kazuli stood back and listened in on Kazuto's and Renri's conversation.

"...She dragged me around to all the tourist locations. I was taken by surprise. If it wasn't for her, I probably would have been around the world and not seen any of it." The screen moved towards Vari on the bed, retreating from Renri's form.